Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

San Francisco STAR upgrades

I have noticed that the number of downloads of my STAR upgrades pack is less than half that of the main San Francisco STAR pack. I would like to point out here that the upgrade pack includes one new package (Richmond), and enhancements to THREE of the existing packages (Hunters Point, Martinez Oil Terminal, and Antioch Bridge).So get downloading NOW !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Sorry, I made a mistake here. The Martinez Oil Terminal package is significantly enhanced, and there are slight alterations to the Alcatraz and Mountain Lake packages. I also included a list of coordinates for all of the scenery in the pack.So get downloading NOW !PLEASE ?!!!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,Dont take this so hard on yourself - our numbers are dwindling. Just see the number of downloads for the latest DC3 and you'll realize this fact (compared to what it used to be)However, I want to sincerely thank you for constantly iomproving the areas we fly in. EVERY time I fly this sim, I am in awe of the amount of work you've put into it. Sure, there are others also(like i.e. Adams), but you are the one most actively involved in these sort of upgrades at the moment and I want to thank you for that.Please don't be put off by the seemingly lack of interest for now as I'm sure that there are many others like myself who are also enjoying your work. Please keep it up. I'm convinced that the ex Looking Glass team must be amazed to see what's still happening to their much neglected creation.Regards,Hennie

Don't worry Hennie, I won't lose any sleep over the struggling download numbers ! I was just pointing this out for the benefit of anyone that has downloaded the main San Francisco STAR pack, since there have been over twice as many downloads of this. In other words, less than half have the most up to date version.As for the ex-Looking Glass team, it would be nice if some of them actually paid us a visit here now and again. If they ARE amazed by all the work that is being done with FU3, they don't seem to want it to be public knowledge !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm still doing small changes in FU3, but I want sometimes to test what others did, and sometimes something not for FU (FS for example). I made some airports for outer terrain : Lax, San Diego, Fresno, Dalles Muni, and new Sacramento Intl. Some enhancement of Chris' packages for Seattle region. So I'm not sleeping. But I don't like to upload still new versions to avsim library, so visit my page from time to time :www.geocities.com/adamsbpl/FU/FU3/flede.htmB.Adamski

Adams.Thank you for looking into the outer terrain again.Out there you/and others could do a lot of improvements.I've seen and I have installed yours/capt.rolo's masterpeice of O.T.airports, and we would like to see more of that if possible.If Chris also would like to join you making airport addons for thisarea we will have a team of experts to do it.Both SEA and SFO inner terrain are now almost overpopulated.Keep on the good work!Best wishes!Lars Peter.

Lars,I don't have the outer terrain installed in FU3.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris.Well, you have to install it to see by yourself.wouldn't you??It is sure not like the "inner terrain", but there is a lot of workout there that "Adams" have proved to be done in a very impressive way.If we can get more work done into this area, a flight from SEA toSFO would be a very impressive flight.I've not done anything for this fled addons, so I would be ashamed.Just my thoughts regarding the expert's loving FU3 and doing addonsfor this simulator.Lars Peter:-smile12 >:-)

I finished making airports for FU3 because of the limits of FU3.B.Adamski

Guest CaptRolo

I have San Diego upgrade comming soon .CaptRolo

Hi Bogdan,I am very, very sorry to hear this. FU3 never before had so many SUPER talented people improving it in so many ways at any given time. It's limits are constantly being pushed outwards, who knows where it will end?And now some have started to explore the exe file thus breaking into the very source code itself! I surely think you're choosing the wrong time for this conclusion, but like I stated in another post: No-one owes anyone here anything, so I am extremely greatful for all the excellent hard work you've put into this sim.I sure hope you'll change your mind though...Regards,Hennie

Hennie,It's very obvious that Jokke has plenty of ideas regarding improvements to the AI planes, and I am looking forward to being able to test these modifications as soon as they are available. It's nice to let someone else do all the hard work for a change !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I didn't say, that I lost my interes in improving FU3, but I don't like when instalation of new airports destroy ATC.B.Adamski