Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

New Challenge uploaded

Hello all.A new Sanfran challenge is available in the library.Some persons from FU2 has come together with FU3 folk's to a secretmeeting over at Hayward.They are in a hurry and want you as the pilot.At this flight you have to fly in bad weather with a Windhawk that'snot in too good shape.Have fun!Lars Peter.>:-)

Guest glidernut

Hi Lars, Love your Challenge. Thanks for a real good laf.The man sed I was landing on the rong runway, but it terned out tobe the rong aiport.So by the time I got to Hayward, I run out of fuel and only justmade it. Wel I earned those wings.I love all thows wunderfal cariktuers from star-trek and the osylooking for his stuerdes. There grate.Do you see star-trek in (south east) Norway? We have it haer in the UK.glidernut.:-wave

Hi, John.Thank's for reporting back.Yes,- we have all those movies here. They are great.We.- (my family) did really have a lot of fun seeing the adventures scrips done for the FU2. They was very well done.If I could make the FU3"makers.dat" in proper places in both seattleand San.Fran, I Would convert many of those exellent adventures to FU3.Take care!Lars Peter:-wave

Guest Steffen

Hi Lars Peter,I assume you already did know how to save the markers in FU3 via opening the console (so you type ":saveposition "). That should do the trick in both regions. I did that when trying to convert my B747 challenge for both Seattle and SanFran regions - but somehow I forgot to finish/pursue it. But I think the markers worked good in both regions.By the way, there is a missing "End If" in the challenge in the "On Takeoff" command loop... :)Hilsen, Steffen

Steffen.I'm not an expert doing "challenge markers", but I'll look into it.The script could have been better,but it should work ok.Some of the material for this challenge is recorded from the FU2adventure "Need for speed".That is a real good challenge, anf if anyone could make a script for this to be used in FU3, it would be most welcome.(hint-hint):-) Hilsen Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest napis

Hi all!What is wrong with your challenge ?My performance is 3-5 fps and my pc is P4 1.8GHz with Geforce 4 Ti4400.Try someone to fly at 4000ft to Heyward. The performance is very terible.I use specular haze_method. It is right ???ThanksPeterP.S. I know, my english is poor, sorry. :(

Guest glidernut

Im usingHazeMethod specularSkyHazeMethod specularModelHazeMethod specularAnd my frame rate at 4000 feet is 14 to 20.Its the same at ground level, 14 to 20.At a resolution of 800 * 600.But the wether is so bad that I carnt see hardly anything.Iv plaed the chalang about 6 tims nouw.The second time I plaed the chalange, my PC frose, and I had to reboot.Anuther time I plaed the chalange, the frame rate droped to 2for about a minit.I put this doun to the very bad wether.Fortunatly I dont like bad wether or night flying.For me, bad wether is just a novelty.I do 99% of my flying in good wether with cler deep bluw skys with butifal wight clouds, in thees condishons I get 20 to 25frame rate, with no trubl at all. AdventAuthenticAMD AMD Athlon Processor NVIDIA GeForce2 Ultra 64over locked by 10%P.S. My english is wers than yours, and Im english.glidernut,:-wave--------------------------------------------------------------Lars PeterThe only chalanges I have in my FU2 are BIN files, and I carntopen them, so how did you open them and get the wav files?And I dont seem to have the adventure "Need for speed"?glidernut,:-wave

Hi napis.I have noticed nothing wrong to the challenge when it comes to framerates. Does this happen only when flying this??I'm running P3 600, with VOODOO 5 videocard and it is running smouthly. It must be something else wrong.If others are having trouble, please report back.Besides, my english is not too good eighter. Lars Peter.>:-)

Glidernut.You can find the FU2 challenge here:http://www.flightsim.no/file/Flight_Unlimi...ht_Unlimited_IIIt's called "the sixpack".Notice that you have to patch FU2 up to version 1.04 before installing this one.See my previos posting of FU2 (just 2 sites back on this forum).You can fly the missions by clicking on the "fax" inside the roombefore you go flying.You can easaly open the files up by using Gideon's "reswiever".if you want to tweak some of the sounds that you like, just export itto your fantastic "Goldwave program":-hah, and do what you want with it.Just remember to save it back in the sim as 8 bit-mono format.I Hope this helps.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Lars Peter, Iv just found this list of console commands.I think it cum from Hennie, I carnt remember. look at the top line.Is this of any use to you ? or any one els ?glidernut.------------------------------------------------------------------ fu2hoops : Translate FU2 hoops file to FU3 marker filehelp : show command infohelp_pref : spew commands starting w/stringrun : run script commands in filedump_cmds : dump command list to filebind : bind func to hotkeybindf : load bindings from filego : teleport to x,y megatilebeamto : teleport to latitude and longitudetoggle_show : Toggle cockpit show modedescribe_key : show the binding of specified hotkeysaveposition : Save off the current positionsaveorientation : Save off the current orientationreset_frame_rate_stats: reset frame rate counterset_model_density : set the model densityset_model_mask : set the model creation maskhead_tilt : set the head tiltset_stealth : set percent transparency of player planecd : send a CD commandtaxi_graphics : enable auto create/destroy of taxi lines & signsmemstats : show memory statisticscache_stats : show cache statsmodel_detail_scale : set model detail scaleset_com_radio : set frequency of COM radioset_nav_radio : set frequency of NAV radioset_vor_radial : set radial of VORset_cursor_pos : set cursor positionset_drop_panel : set drop down instrument panelset_autopilot : turn autopilot on/offset_autopilot_fd : turn autopilot FD on/offset_wradar : turn weather radar on/offset_wradar_range : set weather radar rangeset_rmi : set RMI on/offset_haze : set haze level (0 - 1)set_anti_ice : set anti icingset_autopilot_vs : turn autopilot vspeed on/offset_wind_accuracy : set wind accuracy (0 - 2)joy_info : dump joystick info to joyinfo.txtjoy_device : set joystick devicerudder_device : set rudder devicethrottle_device : set throttle devicetoe_brakes_device : set toe brakes deviceprop_pitch_device : set prop pitch devicemixture_device : set mixture deviceshow_buttons : show joystick buttonsfunc : do a joykey funcwx_toggle_tstorm : Toggle thunderstorm debugging spewwx_toggle_bolt : Toggle continuous lightning hackwx_toggle_show_info : Toggle weather infosave_weather : save weather seedphys_ap_speed : set autopilot speed (knots)phys_ap_climb : set autopilot climb (100s of ft/min)phys_ap_alt : set autopilot altitude (1000s of ft)phys_ap_heading : set autopilot heading (degrees)phys_propbrake : toggle propbrakephys_toebrakes : set toebrakesexit : Exit the current loopsysedit_command : edit a command in the command editor: edit_command history_cmd : edit command from history offsetc_set : set config variablec_unset : unset config variabledump_hotkeys : dump list of defined hotkeys

Guest Steffen

Hi Lars Peter,I'm just downloading the sixpack challenge. I'll be gone again for some real flying/skydiving for 12 days now - after that I'll have a very close look at it...Also, I'm slowly (and that means slowly) progressing on writing a Word-file that further explains FU3 challenge script programming, covers some "glitches" and tips and tricks I learned - stay tuned...Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest napis

Hi glidernut !Can you send me your flt3.cfg ? napis@pobox.skOr can you print it here ???I like bad weather, but there is something wrong in my flt3.cfg file.I use the flt3.cfg by Hennie van Rooyen.When I fly in good weather I get 30 to 40 fps.Can someone tell me, what could I change for better performance ??Here is My flt3.cfg (short version)default_weather default.wsdopt_black_box_space 42;ai_density_multiplier 103pattern_cap 10takeoff_cap 8ground_cap 20frequent_pilot_slams enablePlayerShadow last_command head_tilt 0sign_scale .2beacon_brightness 2.5wx_severity 2.029410883e-038;DisableCumulusLightningAtmosphereThickness 50000AtmosphereDensityRatio 0.4no_single_texel_textures opt_enhanced_cumulus 1opt_fair_weather_cumulus 1opt_cumuloform_population 46opt_cumuloform_variability 103opt_wind_accuracy 1opt_distance_clipping 0opt_BDensity 5opt_terrain_detail 0opt_sun_moon_glare 0opt_pilot_voice 4opt_hw_acceleration 1opt_3dhw_last_hw 1opt_video_resolution 1opt_perspective 0opt_close_caption 0opt_propeller 1opt_engine_torque 1opt_gamma_correction 45opt_coordinated_rudder 0opt_aircraft_density 0opt_fuel_cap 0opt_sky_detail 2opt_invulnerable 0opt_engine_failure 1opt_gear_damage 1opt_radio_volume 85opt_sfx_volume 103opt_engine_volume 103opt_ambient_sound 1opt_collisions 1opt_master_volume 103opt_electric_failure 1opt_stereo_reverse 0opt_sun_moon_glare 0moon_size 0.08726646259972moon_maxscatter 0.9MoonIntensityModifier 3sun_size 0.08726646259972turb_scale 32EnablePlayerShadow enable_cloud_shadows mouse_vanish 5extra_airports ;enable_stealth ;use_loose_gtls ;generate_outer_megatiles ;show_challenge_markers cam_mode 1mono_wrap mono_clear tape_strip_inside 0tape_strip_outside 1maximum_cap 280000000show_distant_mountains 1UsePuffCloudModels model_puff_min 150model_puff_max 200model_puffscale 2CloudDeck_PuffOnlyRadiusRatio 0.050000CloudDeck_PuffOnlyMaxQuadSize 16CloudDeck_PuffOnlyMaxPuffSize 5PuffGrid_Scale 2.5PuffGrid_TopScaleVariation 0.1puff_puffonlyx 0.1puff_puffonlyz 0.1PuffGrid_TopOffset 0.5PuffGrid_TopAdjust 0.5PuffGrid_CosmicFudge 0.8PuffGrid_BackdropSize 4PuffGrid_SquashIncrement 0.1puff_gridstale 3puff_griddelay 2puff_gridHazeCalcTime 4puff_gridHazeCalcTimeVariation 2grid_MaxTileIncrement 32grid_MinTexelScreenSize 1.6grid_SubQuadThreashhold 0.5grid_StandAloneThreashhold 0.9grid_TileSize_Cirrus 64000grid_TileSize_CirroCumulus 16000grid_TileSize_AltoCumulus 16000grid_TileSize_StratoCumulus 4096grid_TileSize_NimboStratus 4096grid_TileSize_Stratus 4096CloudDeck_MinSWGridObjects 25CloudDeck_MaxSWGridObjects 50;DisableCloudObscuration;DisableCloudShading;DisableCloudDeckModelsCloudModel_QuadRecomputeDist 1024CloudModel_QuadRecomputeTime 10CloudModel_HazeDistDeltaUpdateTime 3CloudModel_AlphaValMin 0.17CloudModel_AlphaValMax 0.34CloudModel_BottomIntensity 0.6CloudModel_HazeCalcTime 5CloudModel_HazeCalcTimeVariation 2CloudModel_MinBottomSize 1024CloudModel_MaxBottomQuads 32CloudModel_MinBottomScreenSize 200;CloudModel_HazeTimeDelta 20 / Changed by HennieCloudModel_HazeTimeDelta 10;CloudModel_HazeDistDelta 100 / Changed by HennieCloudModel_HazeDistDelta 50CloudVisibilityMax 50ThinGridAlpha 0.8Cloud_SkyWeight 0.5CloudHazeDeltaTime 3CloudHaze_MaxDepth 10000CloudHaze_MaxDepthColor 0.4666666666667 0.5294117647059 0.6274509803922CloudHaze_MaxThinGridHazeDepth 150CloudHaze_MaxThinGridHazeModifier 1use_haze_cache ;haze_cache_size 8192000 / changed by Henniehaze_cache_size 16384000haze_scale 0;haze_delta_time 2 / Changed by Henniehaze_delta_time 1Haze_NumSubSegments 1Haze_RemainingChunkSize 20000Haze_AmbientFudge 0.1736481776669haze_LowLevelModifier 0haze_MaximumDistance 350000haze_foghazelevel 1Haze_GlobalNonLowLevelHazeWeight 1Haze_ST_Threashhold 0.0001Haze_MaxBlendSumIts 50haze_lowlevelhazelevel 0.1Backdrop_HazeTimeDelta 3Backdrop_HazeTimeVariation 1;DisableWisps;Wisp_DisableNearDeckswisp_Max 30wisp_Size 150wisp_Dist 120wisp_MaxSpeed 6wisp_MinSpeed 0.3wisp_MaxSpeedAlpha 0.6wisp_MinSpeedAlpha 0.05wisp_MinDist 10wisp_MinHazeLevel 0.3Sky_CityLights 0.714286 0.857142 1 0.02sky_SunBlendFudge 0.5sky_SunBlendFudgeHW 0.5sky_SunLowLevelHazeModifier 0.02sky_SunRayleighHazeModifier 0.2sky_SunPrecipHazeModifier 0.8sky_MoonLowLevelHazeModifier 0.02sky_MoonRayleighHazeModifier 0.2sky_MoonPrecipHazeModifier 0.8sky_SunLowLevelHazeModifierHW 0.0015sky_SunRayleighHazeModifierHW 0.2sky_SunPrecipHazeModifierHW 1sky_MoonLowLevelHazeModifierHW 0.02sky_MoonRayleighHazeModifierHW 0.2sky_MoonPrecipHazeModifierHW 1sky_MaxGridDepthHW 300sky_MaxGridDepth 300SkyPal_ObscurationSunWeight 0.3SkyPal_ObscurationSkyWeight 0.8SkyPal_ShadeWeightModifier 0.5sky_RainOpticalDepthHW 500sky_SnowOpticalDepthHW 500Haze_NightZ 0.2588190451025TerrainHazeMethod SpecularSkyHazeMethod MTModelHazeMethod MTHazeMethod Specular;terrain_delta_time 10 / Changed by Hennieterrain_delta_time 5punt_single_pass_multitexturing sky_NumLowLevelHazeProfiles 2Xsky_UseLowLevelProfile 1sky_LowLevel1ScatterRedHW 1sky_LowLevel1ScatterGreenHW 0.999sky_LowLevel1ScatterBlueHW 0.95sky_LowLevel1ScatterRedScatterHW 0.2sky_LowLevel1ScatterGreenScatterHW 0.32sky_LowLevel1ScatterBlueScatterHW 0.4sky_LowLevel1OpticalDepthHW 800sky_LowLevel2ScatterRedHW 1sky_LowLevel2ScatterGreenHW 1sky_LowLevel2ScatterBlueHW 1sky_LowLevel2ScatterRedScatterHW 0.2sky_LowLevel2ScatterGreenScatterHW 0.32sky_LowLevel2ScatterBlueScatterHW 0.4sky_LowLevel2OpticalDepthHW 800qf_loc_is_airport 1qf_loc_pos_x 0.qf_loc_poi ;Bj