Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic Enhanced version 1.00 available now

Dear All,Finally, The AI Traffic Enhanced version 1.00 is uploaded and available to everybody. The size of the package is 4.4 MB, but don't let that scare you! It is quite big because I wanted to give chance to make the enhancements also without ResViewer and scripts, simply replacing some files.The pack includes a whole lot of stuff, like properly taxiing and flying Fokker and Mustang, two different colors of Cessnas at the same time, smoother banking airliners, and few other fixes. It also contains loads of optional paint jobs for the AI Planes, including Ansgar's new "High Quality Mustang Textures". And naturally a selection of different traffic combinations to see Concorde, Blackbird, Falcon, Hornet, Raptor, Blimp etc. The scripts are also there if you don't want to write over your files.I would ask a favor from all of those who test the package: Please give me feedback whatever you used all of the fixes or only parts, and what traffic combination you like most or use. This will help to further develop the AI Traffic. Send me email or use this forum.So, go get it! It has a thumbnail like this picture attached here, showing Concorde in final, you can't miss it...Regards,Jokke

I'll download it on Monday, but I'm very glad of your work.:-hah B.Adamski

Guest CaptRolo

Jokke; I much appreciate your work . I will download it now and give feedback . Many thanks !! CaptRolo

Guest glidernut

Hi Jokke,I just wont to say thanks to you all, Ansgar Avermeyer:-wave Christopher Low:-wave Gideon Pertzov:-wave Jouko Huovinen:-waveAmungst all the other things, Iv just seen the stemme in seattlefor the ferst time.john.:-wave

Ralph B_ Jokke,I downloaded and installed your AI enhancements.I'm in a hurry sometimes so I opted for the gimme everything plus installation.I've only flown it once this evening,and as far as I can tell everything works just fine.Haven't seen a mustang yet but I DID see Concordes! first time I've ever seen one in FU3 I keep hearing ATC talking to "outlaw" and others but haven't seen any jet fighters yet.I'm sure thy're there and eventually I'll see them looking forward to it.Thank you very much for the enhancement.I'd like that mustang livery on my installewd mustang.seems to me I saw something about repainting the mustang racer red or something.I'll have to look into that.I don't fly the mustang much.too hard to get off the ground and back onto the ground.anyway thanks again for the enhanced AI.:-wave

Hello Ralph,I am glad you like it, and happy to hear everything works! I realized that the documentation of this pack was getting VERY BIG, and that is why I included the "quick" option; when I get new toys I rather not read but play first too! Later on, if you get annoyed or bored with something in the pack you can read some and choose another option.If you are interested in the "vocal cues" then here is a list for the call signs I have used. In case there were no "plane specific" call signs available in FU3 I tried to pick the ones that I haven't heard in use before:Gunman 1: F-22 RaptorGunman 2: F-22 RaptorOutlaw 1: Fokker DR1Outlaw 2: The BlimpViper 1: Well, you tell me what it is...Other planes have pretty much the aircraft type or nick name in their call signs (Concorde, Blackbird, Mustang, Hornet).Regards,Jokke

Guest juvat2

Hi Jokke,I installed the "give me everything". I flew in Seattle so far. I've been having a problem with the FU2, intermittent cdt's, so will keep trying to fly there until it lets me in. Notice the "eyes" on the red jet liner. I kept hearing radio calls for starcraft, but could never get a view of it with "shift-P". Had a Concorde flying around, but I forgot to save that pic. Don't remember the call sign for the A10, maybe warthog or thunderbolt?2 questions for you all. 1)Is there a way to get a preview of the pics prior to posting, when I select preview, all I get is the text and no way it seems to type comments between the pics. The old forum would display the pics on preview and allow comments in between. 2) Recommend a different size(smaller) of the pics I upload, 'cause when I look at my own posts, it takes a while for the pics to display. I'm uploading 640x480 jpg's as recommended in the old forum, using psp7.Well, going back to FU3 and try and fly in the SF region.Thank you Jokke for this incredible enhancement, I see the mighty Chris Lowe has a new upgrade in the library, so going to download that.My thanks to all of you who allow myself and others the continued enjoyment of this great sim.Take care,Jim B.Blast it. Pics didn't upload. Try one more time.Still not working. Oh well, it'll save time opening this thread anyway. The pics were an A10 in-flt, Red Jetliner in flt with "eyes" drawn on the windshield, mustang with the great-new paint job and a blue striped cessna on the ground, and the svt10 motorglider in flight.Jim B.

Hello Jokke!I've installed the package,- tested it all out with several optionsusing both P-51,-two versions of trainers and concorde!s over the past days,- and this seems to be a perfect addon!It all works very well.I've already picked up my own favorite options,and this "FU3 addon" is "IMPORTANT WORK".Many thank's!Lars Peter.

Jim,MIGHTY Chris Low ? Well, I certainly haven't been called THAT before !I would just like you to note that my latest AIRPORT UPGRADES package is mainly a few tweaks here and there to a handful of airports. I don't want everyone thinking that this is another mammoth package !Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,Was out taxing at Sanderson and saw these interesting aircraft.-Crashed Mustang on the active-Flying Helecopter above the C130(I thought those didn't fly in FU3?)-Maybe a UFO through my windscreen(won't swear to it, don't need to be grounded and flying a desk)Sandersons' skyline after installing Bj

Guest Ansgar

Huuuuhhuuuuuu, :-jumpywhere for the devil is this dreaming pilot which blocks all this nice planes at Sea-Tac Airport??!!It

Hello Larry,This sure sounds strange! Occuring of the helicopters should not be possible if you made the package installation correctly: In the "MODELS.RES" file delivered with this package there are no helicopters at all! So something is definitely wrong with the installation.Missing AI traffic and beeing placed somewhere else than "Player" parking spot suggests that you have lost either "FLTDNSTY.NAM", "FLTDNSTY.DAT" or both of them.So please, re-check your files in Seattle region. Maybe you didn't let the copy over to replace the files, or all of them? Or maybe you extracted those files with "Use path" option on, in that case they have created a path of their own under the directory intended.If you can't figure this out you can do the following: Make your folders show all details of the files (dates and times included), open them one by one with Explorer, and take screenshots of the seattle, sanfran, engpile, and genpile directory listings. Email those screenshots to me, I will take a look!Best Regards,Jokke

Hi Jokke, thanks for responding.I

Ansgar,I rather suspected that you and Jokke were working on something like this, based on several e-mails from Jokke ! I am very impressed Ansgar. I was rather hoping that your great looking 747-400 could be converted into an AI plane. I see that the DC3 is also present, and this would suggest that other user designed planes could be converted in the near future........like the King Air 350 ?I just have two questions.Firstly, how are framerates affected by these highly detailed AI planes ?Secondly, how soon can I have a file for testing ? !!!!!Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png