Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

New DC3 livery and identity - VH-ABR in Ansett livery

Guest jonpoint

Hey Folks! I will shortly be uploading my first (real) repaint project for the DC3, VH-ABR in period Ansett livery, complete with new callsign. Thanks to all who encouraged me and helped me get this far! Some screenshots follow.- Jon Point

Hi,does with this version of DC3 the Fu3 remember when you landed to show the taxilines and the entry in the log book?TFT

Guest jonpoint

TFT,Nahhh! Darned if I know what it is. This problem affects a few planes (see elswhere on the forum). My cut so far; the problem seems to only affect some non-original aircraft where the contact points have been changed? Is this factor mapped somewhere else? Unfortunately, I am not a programmer and still have trouble understanding some of this but I'm keen to play around and try different things. Maybe someone could modify the physics and make a few different versions. We could then try them out and see if one works. I know it sounds a bit 'bushie' but I understand that a lot of the physics modelling is cut-and-try!Jon

Guest twsimfan

Jon,Very nice paint job!

Guest jonpoint

Thanks, Tom! I have done a few minor repaints that I didn't post because I didn't think anyone would be interested. This one was different 'cos; it's Ansgar's wonderful DC3, it's Australian(!) and the demise of Ansett has almost closed the books on Australian air history. Maybe my little tribute will bring back some fond memories to anyone who has travelled our wide open skies!I have already been asked to do a MSFS2002 version but I've got more important FU things on my plate :-)- Jon