Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Taxi line and logbbook errors

Guest jonpoint

Folks, I'd like to get to the bottom of this problem. Does anyone who can modify flight physics files want to help with this?A couple of people have suggested contact points, someone else suggested ATC files. Any ideas? The 'SP and DC3 are affected - which other planes?I trust we can sort this - my AI and airport upgrades are on the back-burner for the moment :-(Jon Point

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jon Point,hi TFT (who mailed this problem initially),Inbetween I

Hi All,By my tests I can rule out the call sign files: The same models with or without them did not have any change at all. Is it possible that there is something in the 3D file itself?Regards,Jokke

Testing News Update:1. The standard Muskrat delivered with the game doesn't know either where it landed, or doesn't turn the taxi graphics on.2. I imported 90HP Cub flight model to DC-3. It was REALLY weird, and sunk to the ground badly, but still it knew where we landed AND it turned on the taxi graph. So something (small?) must be different between these two flight models, comparing them might help.I guess this kind of limits the search.Regards,Jokke

I'm not sure, if I understand this topic correctly, but when I fly B747 I can't see the lines in the SF region ( & maybe Seattle - I don't remember ), but I can see them at my new Sacramento in the outer terrain. Sometimes when I land other plane, I can't see the lines, but I use shift+p to move to other aircrafts several times, then I back to my plane & the lines become visible.B. Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hi together,so I fiddeled it out what exactly causes the difference, but it doesn

Hi Ansgar,I was playing with DC-3 flight model a while, and managed make it to "put on" the taxi lines once when using dispacment values (0.3, 0.0, 0.4) from Windhawk model. I couldn't reproduce it though.Three things come into my mind:1) Could it be that the "box" for landing gear should be another way round? Meaning that the start point should be in opposite end where it is now, and the box should be "drawn" to other way, from up to down or vice versa? Do you understand what I mean? (Is your landing gear 1,4 meters high?).2) What about the order of the contact points? There are some points (and gears) in the file with same "function" name, maybe they have to be in specific order for this?Testing shall continue...Regards,Jokke

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jokke,I tested a bit around now and found something like this:1. The definition of the contact points have nothing to do with this effects! They only make big problems (braking the plane at ground) if contact points touch the ground also in normal placement (standing on gears and no broken parts missed)of the plane. And this normaly didn

Hello!I'm not sure if this problem is caused by The 3-d models.In FU2 there was an unknown bug related to the logbook.This is also stated in the "FU2.- readmefile,- topic log"When you passed the number of 100 flight's, the sim started to act strange,- like you are all talking about here."lines dissappearing" and "got to an airport where you did not land"I do not know what causes this, but I don't think this "bug" was fixedfor the FU3 realease.So- go into your logbook, and see if you have the limit of 100flight's.If you do,- delete your flights,- begin a new log and see what happends.I have not tested this out in detail, but it would be interesting.Best regards!Lars Peter.

Guest jonpoint

Hi All,Geez, this is getting complicated! Who'd think that LGS would make the aircraft-detection mechanism so cryptic?? I suppose it has to distinguish between a close touch-and-go and a real landing :-) .I wonder about the logbook as well. This comes from my wish to have the callsign in the logbook reflect the real callsign instead of '2lg' or '4lg' all the time. So far, I can't even imagine where this comes from. I thought it would come from the ID file (file 1) but, after changing that (thanks Ansgar!) it made no difference.Also, I note that if you go 'quick flight' and select 'final' on any runway, the lines are there and ATC recognises you (or it did with my DC3 VH-ABR last night!).Jon

Guest jonpoint

Ansgar,Despite all the work involved, I think it's worth it. I would be more than happy to test any changes you wish to make. Please post your fix here or email me on and I'll get underway :-).I do realise that we're 'banging-up' an old piece of software but, like all of us, I just want to enjoy flying, not contend with the fault in wing de-icer #17. It would be nice if my logbook didn't imply that I'd parachuted out of my DC3 every time I fly it... :-)Besides, I've worked on 'real' sims before but I've learnt more from FU3 (and all of you talented people) than the 'big ones'. Honestly speaking, I am of the opinion that many commercial sims aren't accurate regarding flight characteristics. When I first flew a Military sim it was like an arcade game! Once we'd reloaded the flight characteristics, I couldn't even take off without crashing...- Jon Point

This little snippet of information won't help this debate whatsoever, but I thought that you all might like to know that I never use the logbook. I just take a "Quick Flight" every time that I want to go flying.I never did understand the logbook anyway. I would have much preferred a SAVE option, whereby I could simply take a flight at a particular time of day, land at my destination airport, and then save my situation, such that FU3 itself stored the time, weather conditions etc. that existed when I completed the flight.Does anyone else here ignore the logbook ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Chris,I believe the logbook is there because the real life pilots use this kind of thing. I like it a lot, it records my flying hours and flights.I remeber that there is a challenge in Avsim File Library that does about what you requested. At least it remembers where you left your plane!Regards,Jokke

But the logbook in FU3 doesn't work correctly imo. It start to count night flight before the sun is under horizont.B.Adamski

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jon Point and all which are interested here:I made a first beta-package which should solve the above problem. I tested it in a flight from SeaTac to Boeing Field and there it works. But pls. test also many of the other airports because I