Sign in to follow this  

ResViewer 1.4 - Taking Requests!

in the following weeks (time permitting)So if there's a feaure you'd like to see added to ResViewer - now is the time to ask.Features already planned:* Ability to export flight dynamics as a .res file (ready to import to another plane without all the hassle of converting)* Integration of the propellor appearance editor (PropEd) into ResViewer (with a friendlier user interface) so you'd be able to edit the prop resource from within ResViewer.If you have anything else in mind - let me know.Gideonhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cd31f281913a4dc.gifhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cd31f9c19f4b40f.gif

Guest twsimfan

Gideon,The two add-ons you mentioned would top my list. Especially the 2D view of what effect your edits are having on the props. But since you asked I will make a suggestion... but only after I state that I think what I am asking for is probably beyond the scope of ResViewer... but if you don't ask you always wonder "what if"... right?How about the ability to interactively edit the flight model? I mean a page that would display the FM's values and allow us to make changes and then generate a new flight model based on those changes.I know... it sounds pretty far fetched to me too. :)

Hi Gideon,This is wonderful news! I wish I had written things down as I used ResViewer. Off the top of my head, it'd be great if there was a way to import/export one or more of the 3D model file formats. I guess that would essentially be like putting some Model View functionality into it but just for import/export.If you decide to add to Cockpit Designer, I'd love to have access to more of the BeechJet's instruments such as the WX system. A "nice to have" feature would be mouse input of rectangles (like the selection rubberband in paint programs).

Guest Ansgar

Hello Gideon!!!That sounds really great! :-)Hmmmmm, if I look into my past months of working with this great tool here are my wishes:1. I never want to miss it !!! ;-)2. I think it would be good and enough if we can import export the physics simple to an "plane.txt". Here anybody can see and edit the physics without having big problems with the conversion!To write an editor who modifies the file then comfortable can be an complete own project/program (Viewer+Editor+Syntaxchecker) in every written high level programmers-language (or i.e. simply MS-Excel), which only makes it comfortable. But in my sight this needs a lot of Gideons work without making things much easier; will mean -> nice to have, but...3. Very important is, that we can use the physics-reimport also in the script-procedure. I had some users who didn

All of the above suggestions are fine! One thing that I've noticed is that some resources won't show -- they're being displayed as a string of text or hex code only. This means that ResViewer reads them without "understanding" the format. I know that you added some FU2 support and more of that would be appreciated. Some of the add-on aircraft are based on FU2 aircraft and a full FU2 support would be helpful, even for simmers who don't have FU2. best regards,Hans Petter

I have more request for cockpit desinger than resviewer, but if you're working on resviewer I'll be happy just the same. I would like to be able to change the color and size of the radio numbers, I can't read hex code and I think it would make a welcome addition.Thanks without your tools I would never be able to have the fun I do.

Guest Stearman

Hi Gideon, that's really wonderful news!Since your planned features are just the ones I asked for in our latest chat, I won't add anything else :-)In any case, thank you very much in advance & best regards.

Guest jonpoint

Hi Gideon,As I'm only a newbie to all this, the only things I've found hard (as a newbie) are:ID file (file 1) to edit in 'plain language' 'cos I'm only a text-editor man and have no idea of the other heiroglyphics!Description file editor. I have actually succeeded with this however only by keeping the filesize identical to original. I've noticed that different planes have different-sized files. It would be nice to lose this restriction.A WYSIWYG prop editor or even viewer. Until Ansgar pointed it out to me, I'd always thought that the prop paint was a bitmap somewhere - I just couldn't find it :-(.Anyway, I won't waste any more of your time - keep up the great work!Jon Point

Guest jonpoint

Hi Gideon!I suddenly realised that my biggest problem with Resviewer is export/import of palettes. Sorry I forgot to mention it!I use Corel V9 and, no matter what I do, I cannot open the exported palettes, regardless of the 'photopaint/paintshop' setting. Also, even if I convince Corel to export the palette in '.pal' mode, Resviewer won't accept it. Of course, it doesn't seem to accept Corel '.cpl' palette files either. The only way I can get palettes is to export a BMP from the .res file and tell Corel to create a new palette from the document.I currently have two repaints waiting to solve this problem. I have new palettes for each but I can't load them so my planes look wierd GRRRRRR :-(Maybe I'm just doing something wrong?Jon Point

Hi Gideon,Herewith my request:Would it be possible to change it so that complete cocpits (including panels)of similar types might simply be im- /exported?Thank you so much for this intended upgrade which will most certainly take FU3 yet to the next higher level.Regards,Hennie

Guest cornclose

>>4. It would be very fine to have the possibility to see all files (cloudmodels) in sky.res! There are some really simply and annoying cloud-models which we should replace with much better ones, and can

Hi Chris,Wow, that would be GREAT!!! Really looking forward to this one.Regards,Hennie

Guest Ansgar

Hello Gideon,here I am again... ;-)Just in my strange development-processes I noticed another good feature which might be easy possible with ResViewer 1.4:=> It would be very nice and saves some time for developers if we had the possibility to start the ResViewer from an batch with one or few optional parameters. A important parameter would be there the name of an rvs-script file which we can import "still" then.In example the following command line where thinkable in an batch file:ResViewer -i script.rvswhere the "-i" says "import" and the following name is the filename of the used scriptfile for this function.Herewith we can start the *.e-converter and bsp-compiler; compile everything and import the results automatically with ResViewer still into the Res-file and can start direct FU3 for an testflight. Everything in one batch and very fast!We very often need this same process during 3d-modelling and must do this now all manual.Only an usefull idea and may be easy makeable....Best Regards Ansgar A.P.S.: It seems that it is not possible for Tom Wunder/Tom Allensworth to change my rating for you to positive :-( So you know already from my mail, that my "neutral" is only an mistake because I clicked a second too fast before changing the default to "positive" first. ;-)