Sign in to follow this  
adams

question about new ai planes

Questions to Jokke ( or others if know )I've installed quick version of the new ai planes and :- do I have to install "gimme all + blimp", if I want ai without UFO ?- is it possible to see both Mustang ?- what parking spots were changed ? I removed all practice from my airports, because I dont like it ( I use only pracref ). So I will not be able to see some changes ( Fokker ? )- will you reveal some info about the file 'aimodel' ?B. Adamski

Bogdan,I can't answer all of your questions, but I do know that you can only see one type of Mustang at a time. The F22 Raptor (F22D) operates from F18P parking spots (and since you don't use the -P suffix, there should be no problem here).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Problem is that I could see F22 many times, but I haven't F 18P spot, so I must see again.B.Adamski

Hi Adamski,Answers to all of the questions:> do I have to install "gimme all + blimp", if I want ai without UFO ?Yes, or anything with lower number. Only the file 13A/B has UFO in it, all others are without (what, man, are you saying you see UFOs while flying?? ;-))> is it possible to see both Mustang ?One at a time, I'm afraid. > what parking spots were changed ? I removed all practice from my airports, because I dont like it ( I use only pracref ). So I will not be able to see some changes ( Fokker ? )pracrefs reference to the same tables as the "original" spots, so IMO that is no problem. I don't know (yet) if they behave somehow differently. I think the best place to spot Fokkers is Auburn Municipal in Seattle region. They are quite rare, only one out of 20 Cessnas, and then you still don't know on what airport it will be. If you like to test whatever those pracrefs work I can send you my Fokker test file, where there are ONLY parcticing Cessnas and they are all converted to Fokkers. It is pretty boring after few dozen test runs, but exactly perfect for testing.> will you reveal some info about the file 'aimodel' ?Sure. "Aimodel.dat" is created with a Perl script "AIMODEL.PL" that can be found e.g. in "FU3PLANE.ZIP" pack. Any Perl will do it, I have Active Perl. With parameters (plane name) it produces flight models for flyable planes (like the one for 747 making it called "heavy"), and without parameters it makes the DAT file for ai planes.It includes data for plane behavior, like speeds, power settings, gear positions, and angle for different flight situation like cruise, base leg, final, touch down and acceleration. It also includes aircraft weight and runway needs for take off and landing.Ansgar made me new models for Fokker and Mustang, where the Planes are aligned the way they stand on ground (nose up about 13 - 15 degrees). I made new aimodel with severe tilt angles to make them appear in normal positions while off the ground. There is no way to change the angle while they are on the ground.aimodel also includes the turn type (30deg, half standard, standard) planes use in different flight situations. I changed all to standard for all airliners to prevent them tilting too much.And finally, for modifications of Chris, I shortened some runway take off needs for airliners. Those values are found in documentation.Hope this helps.Regards,JokkeP.S: If there is some special combination not covered by my option files let me know, I could see if it could be made later on.

>> do I have to install "gimme all + blimp", if I want ai without UFO ?>Yes, or anything with lower number. Only the file 13A/B has >UFO in it, all others are without (what, man, are you saying >you see UFOs while flying?? ;-)) >I didn't fly & had no % drink.>pracrefs reference to the same tables as the "original" >spots, so IMO that is no problem. I don't know (yet) if they >behave somehow differently. I think the best place to spot >Fokkers is Auburn Municipal in Seattle region. They are >quite rare, only one out of 20 Cessnas, and then you still >don't know on what airport it will be. If you like to test >whatever those pracrefs work I can send you my Fokker test >file, where there are ONLY parcticing Cessnas and they are >all converted to Fokkers. It is pretty boring after few >dozen test runs, but exactly perfect for testing. >I don't know if my modifications of parking spots make Auburn M. good for tests but I'm patient. You may send the file for tests however.>> will you reveal some info about the file 'aimodel' ?>Sure. "Aimodel.dat" is created with a Perl script >"AIMODEL.PL" that can be found e.g. in "FU3PLANE.ZIP" pack. >Any Perl will do it, I have Active Perl.>I don't have Perl ( & I don't know it ) so I couldn't know what is in 'aimodel' file. It looks like unreadable file.>It includes data for plane behavior, like speeds, power >settings, gear positions, and angle for different flight >situation like cruise, base leg, final, touch down and >acceleration. It also includes aircraft weight and runway >needs for take off and landing. >Is it possible to change there the glide slope to 5-6 degrees that is more real imo. It would protect some planes from flying through the mountains close to the airports ( Swanson, Moskowite & others ) ?>Ansgar made me new models for Fokker and Mustang, where the >Planes are aligned the way they stand on ground (nose up >about 13 - 15 degrees). I made new aimodel with severe tilt >angles to make them appear in normal positions while off the >ground. There is no way to change the angle while they are >on the ground. >You are better than 'boys from LG'.>And finally, for modifications of Chris, I shortened some >runway take off needs for airliners. Those values are found >in documentation. >Are these values close to real ?>Hope this helps. >Of course. Thank you very much.>P.S: If there is some special combination not covered by my >option files let me know, I could see if it could be made >later on.Of course.B.Adamski

Hi Again,"You may send the file for tests however."I will, I shall make a slight modification and small documentation for you, but you will probavly get them today."I don't have Perl ( & I don't know it ) so I couldn't know what is in 'aimodel' file. It looks like unreadable file."Well, the "DAT" file sure is unreadable. The "PL" file has nice comments describing it, then the data tables row after row, and in the end the actual code. I don't really know Perl either, but it is a programming language like any other, so I managed to tweak it a bit. This one is best seen with NOTEPAD."Is it possible to change there the glide slope to 5-6 degrees that is more real imo"Aah, this one is not in this Perl file! It has the plane angle, but it doesn't affect the glide slopes (seems to me that way). I was thinking to change the route point locations to prevent flying through mountains. Any other ideas?">And finally, for modifications of Chris, I shortened some >runway take off needs for airliners. Those values are found >in documentation. >Are these values close to real ?"I believe so, it all depends on aircraft actual load, right? For now the changed ones are the reduced take-off runway need for B737 4400ft, B757 5000ft, MD-88 4600ft, B777 7000ft, and DC-10 7000ft.Regards,Jokke

>Hi Again, >Hi>"Is it possible to change there the glide slope to 5-6 >degrees that is more real imo" >>Aah, this one is not in this Perl file! It has the plane >angle, but it doesn't affect the glide slopes (seems to me >that way). I was thinking to change the route point >locations to prevent flying through mountains. Any other >ideas? >We can modify the routs of the planes but it won't help on preventing planes from flying through the mountans close to the airports. It's possible only if we could change the glide slope.B. Adamski

Yep,I have noticed they don't use the route data on approaches. Limitting traffic to left or right may help in some places, and I have been thinking of flattening some terrain on those paths. Some airports need that anyway, since the planes sink in while on ground. However I will keep my eyes open, you never know where you find the glide slope parameters....Regards,Jokke

Jokke,Some of my own AI modifications specify left or right traffic so as to avoid the planes flying through mountains whilst in the pattern. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stop them from "deep rock drilling" when they leave that particular airport's airspace !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

In Calistoga small planes don't fly through the mountains, but bigger ( Mooney ) fly more quickly and with great radius, so they sink into the mountains.B.Adamski