Sign in to follow this  

Question about FLED models

Hi All,If I want to use my own models with FLED then how is that possible? I believe I have to have 3DS format model, and it is then run through programs "N3DS2E.EXE" and "BSP.EXE". Is this right?But what after this? How can I make FLED to recognise the model so I can select it for placement?Regards,Jokke

Sorry, I can't help, but Ansgar made his planes and I asked him a few days ago about new 3d models for FU 3. He should help.B.Adamski

Hi Adamski,Well, I kind of picked up your idea of making static models. I have tried with the Anim8or, and succeeded putting in a new 3D model with FLED after creating it with Anim8or. There are no "file-type" textures on it, they seem to be a problem with Anim8or for now. And there is still some more research to do in this area, and some more tools T. Lehto mentions to find (MAKEMIP program, does it come with FU2 Adventure Editor?). I believe complete model packages packed in neat TAG files are possible to add.Partially I did this experiment because I wanted to see if planes can be built with the Anim8or. I still don't know. All I can say is that I sure now appreciate the effort of plane builders OVER 10 TIMES more than before!!! (If I ever meet any of you in person let me buy you a pint or two to express my gratitude...)Here is a screenshot of a self made model placed in FU3. I probably have to reconcider the location of it, at least...Regards,Jokke

Very nice model. Some textures would make it very good. Cpt. Bazza was the master of 3d models, but probably noone knows his email address.Send me it if you can.B. Adamski

Yes,Texturing is in plans, however the Anim8ors current vrsion doesn't seem to be able to handle those texturings correctly. I will write to the author to see if I did something wrong, or if there is a bug.And, unfotunately, I don't have his email address either...Jokke