Sign in to follow this  

Flight DF/x Beta testers

Hi allIf any of you guys downloaded Flight DF/x 0.3, can please leave us your bug list,comments and concerns either here or at flightdfx@dextech.com.Thanks.Dexter "DF/x" Kofa.

Guest glidernut

Hi Dexter,Bugs, and comments.Up grading to Internet Explorer 6, giv me a few problems to sor outbifore installing your DF/x, like not being abel to start FU3.I cept geting a dialog box saying I had performed an ileegl act.And also my screen refresh rate had gon douwn to the point of being uncumfortabl. But I got thees problems sorted now.Any way, after installing your DF/x, I started FU3 using the DF/xshortcut, and I was imprest with the opening screen and fuling theaircrft, but I was left not knowing how to proseed ?Presing "the go to aircraft" buton at the botom right of your screentakes me into FU3 OK, but the DF/x chalange is not listed in the seattlchalange directory.????And other chalanges that I have taken out of the settel chalangesfolder, are listed?????I fined this bowth perplxing and wurying.Iv red you instrucshons and reinstaled DF/x severel times and triedseverel diferant things, all to no avale.If I start FU3 ferst,the DF/x is listed in the chalange directory,and by cliking on it, I can fly the DF/x chalange, all be it without the DF/x startup screen, fuleing up and so on.Sins then, Iv been bisy revers engernearing the DF/x script in orderto understand 2 of its best aspects.The 2 aspects of the DF/x script, I am trying to isolate is the abilety to be plased where you last landed, "not just at airports",but literaly any where.And to be plased there with the "Master swich on".Thees 2 aspects are particulaly usfal to me bicus I only like to fly the glider, and I tend not to us the engin or the airports.Well we are all diferent.I hope you dont mined me atemting to taler your script to my owneneeds? I was, and still am, very imprest with wat you have acheeved so far.Thanks.glidernut.:wave

I have tested this out for several flights.-using I.E6.0.Both out from Olympia. Renton. Sanderson,++.I do love the start screen.- (reminds me of FU2) AND THE RANDOMWEATHER SETTINGS.The script.file is working, but the sound files does not...??This said means that The "on screen messages pops up as they should",but There is no way to import the "Inflightbriefings" using the"console command" and type the command "B1-B2-B3-B4".The soundfiles are there, but not available.I have tried this for every flight, but no luck.However using the command "Type command's/-end flight plan" in the end is working very well and save you to another flight with the current use of fueland time.- and the list of available destinations.(that kind of koncept is very cool).Looking forward to the next version.I have sort of "ripped" your files apart to see what is done, and this work has a very solid base construction.If the next version will be solid with solid sound functions this will be the FU3 challenge as "default".Lars Peter.

Hi Lars,Did you type B1 instead of b1?The commands are case sensitive.Also, whenever you type in a command and press return, you should hear a confirmation tone. If you are hearing the tone, then that means the sound system is somewhat working and you should check to make sure, you're typing in the right comand. Let me know if this helps.Dex Df/x

This might seem an ignorant question, but what's Flight DF/x?:-hmmm

>Any way, after installing your DF/x, I started FU3 using the DF/x>shortcut, and I was imprest with the opening screen and fuling the>aircrft, but I was left not knowing how to proseed ?Once Flight Df/x is close to being released, we will have more tutorials.>Presing "the go to aircraft" buton at the botom right of your screen>takes me into FU3 OK, but the DF/x chalange is not listed in the seattl>chalange directory.????Did you try scrolling all the way to the last challenge on the challenge screen?Try starting Df/x with the 'flightDFX.hta' file instead of the shortcut.Let me know what results you get so we can look further into fixing this problem.>The 2 aspects of the DF/x script, I am trying to isolate is the >abilety to be plased where you last landed, "not just at airports",>but literaly any where.Placing the plane anywhere is an easy function. The scripting language of flight 3 gives you the planes position at anytime.It also allows you to save variables and text to a file. So I simply store the plane position variable to a file. When Flight 3 starts up at a latter time, I read that file and then tell Flight 3 to place the plane at that exact location.>And to be plased there with the "Master swich on".There is a variable called "state" which defines the state of your plane at startup.If the state is set to runway, flying or landing, then the Master switch will be set to on at startup.If you have more questions, feel free to contact us at flightdfx@dextech.com.P.S. Feel free to check out the inner workings of Flight Df/x. If you have good ideas that you would like to see in future versions of this product, please let us know.Dex "Df/x"

Hi.Thank's for more detailed information.I will try to go around the "shortcut", to see if thisis better.Lars Peter.

Guest CaptRolo

Dex; I installed and go to pilots lounge ,click on fuel and get 'script error' can't do anything . Any Ideas??CaptRolo

Hi CaptRolo,can you tell me the exact script error? This will help a great deal.Thanks.Df/x

Guest glidernut

Hi Dex.>Did you try scrolling all the way to the last challenge on the >challenge screen?YES, I did.I hav just reinstaled Df/x for the umteeth time, but bifor I did Iemtid my seattle chalanges folder of all other chalanges, so there can be no confushon on my part.I unziped the "Dfx_03.zip" directly into the emty seattle chalangesfolder.I then started Df/x with the 'flightDFX.hta'.The start up screen, the lounge, the fualing, the flights, the axeptwether, and the go to aicraft, all werk well.BUT THE DF/X CHLANGE IS NOT LISTED, and amazingly, all the chalanges I had remooved, are listed, and even more amazingly, I can clik on them and ply them. No Im not going mad, your Df/x is som how taping into the resorsesof a program I hav caled GoBack."Wat is GoBack" ?GoBack is a program that is runing in the back ground continualy.GoBack has got me out of troubl time and time agen.For instans.Hav you ever doun-loded sumthing from the net, and it installsitfelf on your PC, and you find you carnt get rid of the dam thing.And you wished you hadent doun-loded the dam thing in the ferstplase.Well with GoBack I can revert my PC back to houw it was bifor Idoun-loded the dam thing.Or for instans.If when Im out at the shops, a visiting relativ gos on my PC anddelets FU3, and delets sum drivers, and scroos up all the setingsto the point where my PC will not even boot up.Well thats no problem, thats OK, I just wate for my visiting relativ to go home.And then, even if my PC wont boot up,I can still start my GoBack program that lets me choos a safepoint in time, like just bifor my relativ did all the damage,and GoBack will revert everything on my PC back to how it was biforall the damage was dun.It works every time, and only takes a fuw ninits.Second to FU3, GoBack is my most valued bit of softwhere I hav. And I am reluctant to tern it off, eeven for a fuw minits,or eeven for an important progect like Df/x.But its only the exiqutabl parts of the Df/x that I carnt use.The rest of the Df/x chalange works very well.In fact, I hav been useing the non exiqutabl parts of the Df/xchalange, to get around FU3s limited icon problem.I know of a duzen or so, rowl doun hill take off sites for mystemme glider. All sootabl for the same wether file. But moset of them dont hav an icon, so FU3 will not put me on theground at thees locashons redy to go.But your Df/x will. If bifor stareting FU3, I copy and paste the orientation andposition from a list I am compileing into the orientation.txt and position.txt of your Df/x chalange and then start FU3 andstart the Df/x chalange, I am then put on the ground at a placeof my choosing that dus not hav an icon.If this way of geting around the limited icon problan could bemade more convenent, it would be of use to every one in FU3.Dex, I sincerely hope you are not put out by my useing your script in a way it was never intended.glidernut.:-wave

Hi glidernut,I might have a solution to your problem.After you select flight and weather, DO NOT press the 'To Aircraft' button.Instead, start Flight 3 manually.Let me know if this works.Don't worry, we will get Df/x to work with GoBack :-smile12 Dex Df/x

Guest glidernut

Hi Dex.Yes that works.After fual up, flights, and wether, I stareted FU3 manualy.And it works properly.No mor weerd hapenings. Thanks.glidernut.:-wave