Sign in to follow this  
spilok

HELP...How do I get my joystick to work.....?

My Microsoft FFII joystick works well with every sim except FUIII. I can't seem to get the rudder (twisting stick) to work, or the elevator, ailerons either. I've calibrated, and installed all the patches and updates. I can set up a profile for FUIII, but I can't get the various axis' to work. What am I overlooking, or doing wrong? I'd really appreciate your help. Running Windows XP. Stan

Hi Stan,Have you tried setting the joykeys.cfg under flight3 directory? FU3 has good capabilites on different settings in itself, and they probably work better than joystick profiles.I don't have neither FF or XP, but you should search this forum (and maybe the old one too) for "joykeys.cfg", I remeber seeing multiple settings for different joysticks.Regards,Jokke

Thanks if you were trying to help me out of this one, but I found my problem. You see, in addition to the MSFF2 joystick, I also fly with a CH Yoke and CH Rudder pedals. Although the USB connection was out of my computer for the the yoke (no sim seems to like to share a joystick and a yoke simultaneously connected...even if you're using just one), the USB connection for my pedals was still plugged in. It doesn't seem to affect the performance of MSFS2002 or any other sim, but FUIII didn't like it. After trying everything to no avail, I finally disconnected the USB plug from my rudders, and "VOILA"! FUIII now works great. The reason I like the MSFF2 joystick is because of the simplicity of setting up a "profile" for FUIII that gives me the familiarity of the various buttons with what I'm used to in my other sims. The Microsoft product excels in this.Again, thanks again if you were trying to figure this out for me, but just remember to use non-conflicting devices..."one at a time" and you won't experience what I did. Stan

Stan,Sure, no problem. THe good thing is some problems are not so complicated to fix when you find the problem. Happy landings!Jokke

Guest slydon

I have ms precision 11 jstick and windows xp and am having the same problem. I do not have pedals-just a jstick. All my buttons work but the rudder,elevator, and ailerons, or twist do not. The stick works fine with my other flight sims. Need help!!!! Don

Guest slydon

I had to take the sim out. The joystick never did work and messed up other things I had installed. When I went to uninstall it wouldn't even let me do that. I had to use the restore feature to get rid of it. After I took that out my joystick wouldn't work on x-plane and took me a long time to get everything back to normal. Now I really hesitate to install it again. I thought it might not be compatible with my windows xp but you said you were using it in xp so I don't know. Maybe I will get brave and try it again one of these days. Don