Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

The good news first.......

Hi everybody,the good news is I finally got FU3 loaded onto my machine, and after applying the patch (UK version) it even seems to work. No longer a blank screen to stare at. I got all the add-ons I could wish for from Allan and am sure to have lots of fun with this sim.But now the BAD news.... my joystick is not recognized by the sim. Can't get it to do anything, except that my rudder pedals seem to control the throttle for some reason.Now Allan here has led me to believe that there will be somebody with the proper solution for my clumsiness jump up within the hour or so.... surprise me please :-) :-)My specs are:AMD 1,2 Ghz, 384 Mb RAM, GF2 32mb 200 MX graphics card, Detonator 23.11 drivers, Saitek 36/35 USB combo (throttle/stick) and USB CH Pro Pedals.HELP !!!! :-jumpy :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdd6a6a60efc7f5.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Guest glidernut

Smile while you wate. Chuckle Zone1 Every take off is optional. Every landing is mandatory.2 If you push the stick fprward.The houses get bigger. If you pull the stick back . they get smaller. That is, unless you keep pulling the stick back, then they get bigger again.3 Flying isn,t dangerous. Crashing is what,s dangerous.4 It,s always better to be down here wishing you were up there than up there wishing you were doun here.5 The ONLY time you have too nuch fuel is when you,re on fire.6 The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.7 When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. On one has ever collided with the sky.8 A good landing is one from which you can walk away. A great landing is one after which they can use the plane again.9 Learn from the mistakes of others. You won,t live long enough to make all of them yourself.10 Yoy know you,ve landed with the wheels up if it takes full power to taxi to the ramp. glidernut.:-wave

Guest juvat2

Hi Francois,I did a search at the old Avsim FU3 forum, searching for usb joystick.You will find that someone had the same problem and good ole Lars helped him out. I'll paste Lars' instructions here, but you should read the whole post there to get info on all the help. Hope this gets you flying. Also pasting the link to it, hope that will "fly" you in.http://www.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID12/2872.htmlJim B."Open up the joykeysfile in notepad/wordpad.Try to use theese settings:joy_1 Toggle_Parking_Brakesjoy_2 Toggle_Landing_Gearjoy_3 Look_Left_45joy_4 Look_Right_45joy_5 Flaps_Upjoy_6 Flaps_Downjoy_7 Camera_IFR_Cockpitjoy_8 Target_Next_Internaljoy_9_rep Elevator_Trim_Downjoy_10_rep Elevator_Trim_Up;;no settings for the right hat switchYou will also have to use theese lines in your flight3cfg.file:joy_device 2opt_coordinated_rudder 0rudder_device 1 3Hope this helpsLars Peter."

Er... Glidernut, I think you're mentioning this to the wrong guy :-). Francois here isn't a newbie really. He is a flightsim veteran already, a veteran of veterans if you want! :-)Francois, I'm glad you now have FUIII. This sim may have a relatively small area to fly around, but it grows fast close to your heart. So welcome to the wonderful world of FUIII, the gem of all sims. You'll be spending some time tweaking and tuning; getting FUIII tweaked to your liking will require some patience.I'm sorry I can't help you on the Saitek joystick setup. Hopefully others will.Happy FUIII'ing.

:-lol :-lolThanks John... I'm usually having fun.. and I got the problem solved too! Now, for the gliding stuff.... that motor glider is fun ! :-)Must be one in FS2002 as well somewhere.Next time I'll land in Birmingham I'll wave ;-)Cheers,Francois :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_051.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cdd6a6a60efc7f5.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Okay, Francois, here's a couple of things:In Windows Display Settings, under Advanced, you'll have the nVidia tag. Go through the options and choose Best Image Quality. AA can be set there too as you know, but there is a slight problem with that: with nVidia cards and with AA on, there will be a line that crosses your FUIII cockpit panel. Can't take it out! Have to live with it or do without the AA.If you use a card utility, like NVmax, set the anisotropy to level 4 or such. The final settings will depend on what rates you're getting.Hope this helps.Cheers

Guest glidernut

Hi Francois.For stuf to do with gliding in FU3, I sergest you serch the avsimFU3 file librery by orthers name "john lewis" , thats me.Try out the Black Box vidows.And also serch by others name "Peter Ridge". He did the VFRmax vuews for the stemme glider.I never fly without it.glidernut.:-wave

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi Francois,You know I was just thinking of posting my cfgs to see if they're of any help. Glad to hear you got it working! Enjoy the greatest sim of all times. :-beerchug :-wave