Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Disaster

My hard drive died without warning yesterday when a transformer blew up on the power line. The hard drive was less than a year old and left no surviving data. It will be missed by all those it touch during it's brief lifespan.

I send my deepest condolences to the family and friends of this obviously much loved hard drive.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

Thats terrible! Did you loose all the FU mods you'd made, notes, etc?! If so, thats a disaster of major proportions.How have you and JAS been getting along? Just curious about your views opinion of it.Jim B.

Guest Motormouse

I'll get Henri 'Hawk' to post an obituary in BFU NewsDid it have any distant relatives?:-wavePete

Guest Lizardo

Hard drives are recoverable...the data that is. Ask around at your local computer places.

Guest twsimfan

Steve,I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I went through that myself 3 or 4 years ago. I have some idea of just how frustrated you must be.

The main point is what Lizardo referred to -- if you have data on this hard drive that isn't backed up, please don't give up on it! It's amazing what can be retrieved and copied unto healthy CDs when disaster strikes.best regards,Hans Petter

All my FU3 projects were on my D: drive and appear to have been saved, however I can not boot my computer to see for sure. I am using my work laptop to access things for now. It may be sometime before I get a new drive installed and my system up and running. Some things are lost forever and that hurts. I am looking to buy a house right now and my time is tied up with that. I still love Attack Squadron and it looks like it will follow FU3 with the grassroots support.