Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

BAe146 rt. engine flameout fix?

Guest juvat2

This is a real nice aircraft. Has one odd thing, the right engine keeps flaming out, even at medium alts straight and level. You all know if theres a fix for this and where I could download it?Thanks, Jim B.

Guest jonpoint

HMMMMM,I get the same thing. I just thought I'd trashed my BAE146 but the reloaded one does the same :-(T'would be nice to fix!-Jon Point

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jim,Hi Jon,I just checked the physicsfile of the BAE146, and here is the result:You didn

Guest juvat2

Thankyou very much Ansgar,I thought of checking the flight physics, but I wouldn't know what to edit to what I thought was a flame-out.How accurate is FU3 on fuel systems? I would think constantly engaging the fuel tranfer pumps would evently cause a fuel embalance-yes? If I remember my old airforce days, that is so with "fighters" anyway. When running the aircraft with both engines at the same power setting, the fuel-flow guages are hardly ever exactly the same due to variations in the engines operating conditons at time of trimming at the testcell. Both engines feed off the same fuel cells, unless manual commanded by the operator from the fuel control panel. Don't know nothing about turbo-fans or turbo-props operating parameters, never had the pleasure of working on those.So, FU3's fuel transfer switches do not simulate transferring fuel from one tank to another, they simulate opening fuel shut-off valves to feed the other engines for the BAe146? Thats interesting, in that case they are really engine master switches. Which is very interesting, that would mean there is a way to simulate the engine master switch and fuel flow circuitry in FU3. Also maybe even the jet fuel starter sytem(JFS) for getting the engines started. I saw in cockpit viewer tutorial where additional pull-down panels can be added, and, I think would be the logical place for a engine control panel. So, if a F16 or F15 were ever created for this Sim, added realism would be the additional pull-downs for the engine start systems. On F16's, and loss of engine situations, maybe the emergency power unit(epu) could be another panel, for providing emergency flight control hydraulics and 24 vdc.Well, there I went meandering again.You all take care,Jim B.

Guest juvat2

Hi Ansgar,What is the command for restool to make the plane physics importable by resviewer?Thanks, Jim B.

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jim,I wrote a detailed description long time before (may be you can find it in the old forum), so here only a brief description:first you call:stripres plane.txt plane.segto create the seg-file. You must be sure the header-files: resdefs.h, segparts.h and segtype.h must be in the same folder then the rest of the exportet physics files.And then you start restool like this:restool plane.segto create the plane.res file. This you can import direct with ResViewer in your model.Hope this helpsBest regardsAnsgar A.

Guest juvat2

Thankyou Ansgar,I've got your instructions saved.Take care,Jim B.