Sign in to follow this  

disappearing taxi-runwayedge lines

Hi, I have installed the FUiiipatch (necesserily, otherwise my pc would hang up) and I cannot see any more the airport delimiting lines. I tried Shift+F11, Ctrl+F11, switching to the options menu and back to the Sim while on approach, I even tried switching to the desktop and back to the program, furthermore I tried all the possible combinations of settings and sliders but still nothing. The lines are shown when the sim starts and never again until the sim restarts from the desktop. I'm very frustrated because this has rendered all the airports with a non-paved runway useless. Of course, I know I could undertake the painstaking task of adding objects on either side of the runway. But even this doesn't seem to solve the problem. It's too late when those objects come into sight and a missed approach is to be initiated. My card is a Geforce2 mx/64mb and the problem is there as it was with my old TNT card. Any Ideas would be appreciated since I've run out of them regards, manolis

Guest Motormouse

ummm..I think this feature was added by the 'patch', its done to increase framerates,but as those of us with nVidia based cards HAVE to use the patch,then we are 'stuck' with this feature.You may be able to change the distance/height when they become visible/invisible by changing the terrain detail, distance clipping, and 3d model slider settings in the options screen.Hope this helps:-wavePete

Manolis,Some of the "grass" runways can actually be identified by first making a low pass of the airfield and determining where the runway is. Of course, it's a bit easier when you have personally modified most of the airports, and added a lot of the new ones yourself. You get to know each one pretty well ! It is sometimes difficult, but I have managed to survive landing at each one. Just call it good old fashioned LUCK !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well, well, well. I've modified all airports in both regions and I had to make some arrows on the lines, because I don't remember where are parking spots for player at some airports ( Bremerton, University, Arlington & many others ).I'm flying very ocasionally, lately. I even became to have problems with correct landings.B.Adamski

Bogdan,I have not done much flying lately either. With my Airport Pack 2, Airport Pack 3, and now this FU2 article...........well, I can't say that I've had much time for flying !I did manage a flight from Sanderson Field to Arlington Municipal though..................Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Allan_D

Hi Manolis,If your having this problem with just a few airports I'll throw some old tires beside the runways for you.It actually is more realistic then lines on the ground anyway.Send me note cldawson@dmci.net I'll do up a couple Airports where your having problems and send you the filesHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

YoThere is a key stroke combination that turns on/off the ground models in steps (3 or 4). I think it is ctrl-shft-m. Did you try this one? Repeatedly pressing it everything is disappearing, until everything reappears again.Note: be sure to press this when you are viewing an airport. When you are flying with no ground models in view, you may switch off all and never find the airport again ;)