Sign in to follow this  

FUII and GeForce2

My new computer has an Nvidia GF2 MX-400 64MB card. I installed FUII and the latest version of the patch (-.1 through -.4 I believe). The sim seemed to work okay for a few minutes, then it froze. Also, I noticed that I couldn't change the visibility. There was a constant 10-20 haze, whether I had it set to 1/2 mile or 20 miles.Is this a problem between FUII and the GF2? Can it be fixed?Also, I noticed a similar problem (no visiblity change, but it didn't freeze) when I downloaded updated drivers for my 16 MB Voodoo Banshee on my older computer. Would anyone out there happen to have their original Banshee CD? Or is there a place I could get one?I don't know how it got lost, sometime around when we had that computer worked on. Almost as if the repair guy took it and gave it to someone else. As I don't use FS2000 or 2002 on my old computer, it would be nice to play some of my old games that worked best with the original drivers, including Fighter Squadron, FUII, and ProPilot.I hate all this compatibility crap, but I guess progress is progress.Thanks for any help,Ray

Guest napis

>Is this a problem between FUII and the GF2? Can it be >fixed? There is no solution. FUII don't run corectly with nVidia cards. The FUII often freeze with nVidia cards. You must buy the FU3 and use the SanFran region with the FU3.Peter

Thanks, I was afraid of those replies, especially since there is no substitute for FUII. I actually think the 172 and Arrow from FUII fly better than the ones in FUIII. Plus, FUIII just doesn't have the incredibly realistic haze that FUII had on my "default-drivered" Banshee.I am surprisingly satisfied with my GF2. I felt it was a compromise, though it seems to be working very well with FUIII, FS2002, MSTS, and NHL 2002, the games I play the most. I don't intend to upgrade any time soon, not until new and radically more powerful cards and programs supported by them become available.BTW, I never updated/tweaked the GF2's drivers, at least not yet. The drivers that came with it on the CD seem to be working fine, so I'm not going to try to fix what is not broken.