Sign in to follow this  
Guest DLM

Another disaster strikes....

Guest DLM

Unlimited Design is down :-(Lycos France deleted my and J

Guest juvat2

I did a search with google and this is a definition from Tripod.What the devil this has to do with you guy's is a mystery. You all had a pretty nice, attractive sight.________________________What is remote loading? Answer Remote loading is the practice of using your Tripod account for the purpose of storing files (images, etc.) for use on another site, or for backup purposes. Unless otherwise specified, Remote Loading is not allowed. Tripod accounts used for Remote Loading will be terminated without warning.__________________________What should I do if I want to use images on pages other than my Tripod ones? Answer Good question. If you're saving images in your Tripod directory, and loading them onto non-Tripod pages, you are essentially remote loading. There are a couple things you can do to prevent this from happening. If you're involved in auctions for example, and you need somewhere to save images that you use to show your items, there are a several sites that offer image hosting. Finding a pay service (one that charges for image storing) is easy. For the thrifty among you, here are a few services that do not charge (at least not the last time we checked):____________________________They have more examples of situations where they feel that someone has done remote loading. Here's the short cut if your interested. http://help.lycos.com/LycosHelp/help/tripo...ipod_1_help.htmReading some more from other web sight policies, I'm beginning to think that its essentially against policy of some sights to allow people to download from your sight. I'm thinking this because of another example of the term from another sight, here it is:___________Remote loading from this site is forbidden. If you want to use any of Fashion Windows materials, please upload them in your own server. Fashion Windows is allowed only a limited bandwidth usage by the server it resides. Anything over the allowed bandwidth, we have to pay for it. Since, this is a free site, please help us lower our expenses by not remote loading from this site.Just thought I'd do this research for you guys. Hope its helpful.Take care, Jim B.

Guest Motormouse

Just a suggestion,why not ask Avsim,?Successful lobbying of 'the management' got the BFU site 'hosted' here,maybe Tom could put in a word or two...:-wavePete

Guest DLM

Jim,Thanks! I now see what they mean. My Unlimited Design signature linked from Unlimited Design must have been what they found "abusive" :-rollPete,Sure, having the site hosted here would be the best alternative.Tom,If you are reading this could you take it up with Tom A on my behalf? // Daniel

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,I don't know much about how sites are set up internally. I would expect that the first thing Tom/AVSIM would want to know is how many files/how much space. You probaly know better than I what questions I should be asking you. Help me out. I need some detail so I can more properly present this to Tom.