Sign in to follow this  
Guest hoohah

New User resource list?

Guest hoohah

Hello All,I've recently purchased and installed a copy of FU3 to see what all the (positive) fuss is about.I am wondering if anyone has/could compile a resource list for the new FU user that includes required and recommended files, informative posts and web links. The Fly! forum includes such a list and it proved to be very useful to me personally when I was first getting into Fly! 2.Speaking of Fly!, I seem to remember someone mentioning that one could use scenery generated with TerraScene (a Fly! related tool) to add scenery to Flight Unlimited (or was it another flight sim?).Regards,hoo

Guest juvat2

Hi hoo! heh-heh, kinda rhymes1. Could you please post where you purchased FU3? Include as much info as possible, like web address, cost, how many more copies do they have left, company who/where,etc. If you look at the top of this forum page, you'll the moderators and fans are keeping an on-going list of where folks are purchasing the FU products. That way if new folks want to get into this fine sim, they'll have access to where they can get it. 2. Whoa, a comprehensive knowledge base kind of thing on the Flight Unlimited series. Maybe one of these folks here know of where one is being filed. In the meanwhile, searching this new forum and the old one with a subject your interested in should give you lots of info. I've not run into one bad file that these folks have been uploading to the avsimfulibrary. They are all good, each with its own strengths. One of the main things you need to do is install the patch, its the one and only patch for FU3 thats ever come out of LG before they closed their doors, that I'm aware of. Video cards display FU2/3 differently. You might want to search the fu forums for info on your card, even your OS and learn what to expect out of your system.If you haven't got FU2 yet, you'll be missing out a lot on what these guys here have done for the hi-res San Fran region. To get a copy check the post I mentioned earlier about purchasing FU products. When you install fu3 you'll see it ask you if you have FU2 and would like to install its hi-res files. computermate.com is where I got mine, $14.00 US.Packages: When adding new packages(scenery upgrades). Heres an important rule. If dude "a" created a pack for, say, whatchyasay Oregon, and dude "b" did the same, only install one or the other. FU3 don't like being told to place a building at xyz, then the other one tells fu3 to place a cow at the same xyz. Things might lock up on you. Read the authors "readme's". Abide by what they have to say. If your not sure, post here and they'll get back with you. Read the 2.0 version (the patch) of the read-me thoroughly.Aircraft: Download every one that you can get your mitts on. Period. They're all great.Go to the BFU sight, go to the bfu for fu3, there you'll see a list of recommended aircraft and packages for enjoyable bush flying.Well, the wifes calling me to the dinner table. If I get a chance, I'll post a list of flight unlimited links that I'm aware of.Please don't forget to post your source for FU3 and 2.Welcome to Flight Unlimited hoohah,Jim B.

HI!I think Jim said all that is needed:-lol Please post the adress where you got your FU3 copy. It is needed.Welcome to the Flight unlimited series!Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest hoohah

I purchased my copy of FU 3 thru eBay from "CDI-WHOLESALER". I believe they had at least two more copies for sale at the time.My cost was about $25 US after shipping, etc. and it was a new (unopened/sealed) copy.I'm checking into getting FU2 for the San Fran scenery.I haven't been able to fly with FU much yet, but I can already see some of it's appeal (clearly ahead of it's time). I'm not sure about the "Unlimited" part yet ;) - I like to fly in the Appalachian Mtns, so I'll have to find a way to make some scenery I suppose...Thanks for the input. Still, it would be nice to have a resource list.-hoo

Guest twsimfan

Hoo,The FU3 section of the AVSIM library is a good place to start. Lots of files there to choose from. By the time you get done looking there maybe Daniel will have his site back online... Also Gideon's site has lots of good repaints in addition to his own fine (and necessary) utilities.