Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steffen

Challenge scripting documentation

Guest Steffen

Hi guys,for all those of you interested in FU3 challenge script programming, I have uploaded a MS word document describing everything I have learned so far programming various challenge scripts.I got inspired by Jokke's AI documentation - my challenge scripting documentation covers many hints, tips, and tricks for challenge programming, including its possibilities and some bugs and work-arounds in the scripting language I found. Together with the CHALSCRP.DOC on the FU3 CD, this should give everyone interested a good idea on FU3 script programming.Blue Skies, Steffen

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Steffen! I'm going to go check it out.

Hi Steffen,EXCELLENT!!! document. Hopefully now more will contribute to the FU3 challenges section...Would be interesting to see what Glidernut and team is going to come forward with.Regards,Hennie

Guest Steffen

Hi Hennie,I'm glad one of my "inspirers" likes the doc!The upcoming Glider Challenge is in its very final stages and should be available very soon. It will equip the FU3 glider with a fully working compensated e-vario that uses real glider e-vario sounds. And some more "toys" - we only have to play with the sounds, the script is finished...Blue Skies, Steffen

Steffen,Very good document! As a programmer myself I truly appreciate the General Procedures part you added in this document, good thinking!I think this is a very good way of sharing the huge amount of knowledge and experience people around here have about FU3, so I hope more and more people will be encouraged to contribute also this precious way: It will make it easier for the newcomers to join!I am planning to update my AI documentation soon, since I learn new things all the time. While checking your document I also realized I could maybe use some screenshots too.Keep up the good work!Regards,Jokke

Guest Ansgar

Hi Steffen,a very good and extremely usefull documentation for all who want to develop things themselve for FU3!Thank you very much for sharing all your time intensive and perfect scripting work with us!!! :):):)Best RegardsAnsgar A.

Guest glidernut

Hi Steffen.The CHALSCRP.DOC on one of the FU3 CD,s is for most of us a bit dificlt and frustrateing, corsing peopl to giv up.Your hints, tips, and tricks is just wats wonted.Thanks Steffen.john.:-wave

Guest Steffen

Hi guys,thanks for all the positive feedback - it shows that there are still people left interested in challenges :)My first thought when writing the documentation was to try and put together some sort of next-generation White Papers by ourselves: As we have all the experts around - and many docs and explanations already in the Library, putting it altogether into the new (and ultimate) White Papers would be easy. But otherwise, keeping it all as individual parts would make updates easier...Just thinking,Blue Skies, Steffen