Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Error code Resviewer and Strange SF region failure

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,Got 2 questions for you.Resviewer: I opened a res file for an aircraft(Markuses GB/ rt wing), went to textures, export-single using convert to psp, repainted with psp7, made sure its saved as 8 bit color, when I try to import with resviewer I get error code 1253. This is the same for all the textures and pallet.My SF region failed in a strange way: Went to quick flt and now I get "install fu2 disk" while flying and ground textures are fuzzy. So, decided to check out Steffens new nfs challenge, got the "install fu2 cd" again. The challenge seemed to work fine, between atc yacking I could here the "bad guy" talking/threatening me. If I continue flying, whether quick flt or not, I end up with a cdt. This SF region was kinda of going on the blink anyway, I'd have to hit ctrl+break to get past the ai load.I'm gonna search the old forum, I think thats where it was, someone had posted instructions on installing the SF region without the full FU3/2 re-install. Do you all remember that? Or is this another case of me loosing my mind?Another option I suppose would be to install Hennies airports and packages. Think thats useful towards fixing my problem?Thanks,Jim B.

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jim,during my uncountable development processes with ResViewer I had only very few problems with it. Load errors are very rare and can be caused by some errors in RAM memory or so. Unusual is, that I never got this errors twice after another if the files are OK, so that must have to do with the PC and not with ResViewer.If you have such an mistake the res-file you edited is mostly toatlly damaged! The whole FU3 tries to read it (because it

Guest juvat2

Hi Ansgar,Thanks for responding. This is work I was trying to do on MArkus' GeeBee. A few posts back I posted a shot of his plane "as it was downloaded", mod attempts. I started a new project under resviewer named "geebee", pasted a copy of the res there and had been trying to fix the textures. As you can see in the previous screen shot, the textures are black and white and, oddly, the landing gear has the radial engine texture on them. Other than that, the aircraft flies fine. I figured I'd start with the wings first. Much to my surprise, after applying some red to the wing, it wouldn't import, got the error instead. I wonder if these things I'm seeing is the troubles that Markus ran into when he created the GeeBee?Makes sense though, the geebee.res thats in my plnpile might be causing my SF to totally "wig-out". I'll totally delete it, then give SF flight another go. Do I need to delete the one in my plane project?Ah, I'll delete it to. I've got the zip of it saved, no biggy.Here, I'll post that pic again, why do you think these textures are like this? I compared the geebee palette to the mustang palette and they appear to be the same.

Guest Ansgar

Hi Jim,normally you only must delete the file in the PLNPILE-directory where your flyable planes are stored, not more.Hmmmm, the plane seems to have a missing and/or wrong uvw-mapping of it

Guest juvat2

From what I found in the old forum; I changed file name packages to backages, and sure enough I can now fly in SF region. I still get the AI load freeze, but hitting esc or ctrl+break gets me in. When I get time, I'm going to post here a list of package names that was in my FU3 directory.Here's a list of things I did to get SF region re-enabled:deleted gb.res no help.deleted 747 challege no helpdeleted all challenges in SF region except Hennies no helpPasted in Hennies Airports no helpChanged file name packages to backages now I can fly in SF region.Now for the tedious part. Load unload the packs one at a time again and try and determine which one is causing this. (for the 10 zillionth time I might add).Jim B.