Sign in to follow this  

Airplane shadows

Ok, a bit of an awkward question.How do I turn on the aircrafts shadow (fu3)? I thought I read something on the internet that it is possible, though I cannot find a setting for it. So I thought I misread it or so.... However, now I encounter a fu3 screenshot of a plane with a shadow! So it is possible?My graphics setting for hardware acceleration has to options:- none- primary display(or somehting like that). Is this normal? Shouldn't it read the name of the accelerator driver, card or whatsoever?Bye

Guest juvat2

Hi Jorgen,You will need to add a line to your flt.cfg. The flt.cfg can be opened with note pad. Double click on flt.cfg. Go to the end and add this line. You can get cloud shadows as well. The flt.cfg is in your Flight3 directory.EnablePlayerShadow enable_cloud_shadows Save the change, restart FU3 and you'll have it. I have a voodoo 5-5500 video card and sometimes will get multiple shadows of my aircraft extending away from my plane. No biggy to me. I just fly and it eventually goes away.If you want to disable it, you don't have to erase it. Just put a ";" in front of it and FU3 will ignore the command. Like this. Then save the change/s.;EnablePlayerShadow ;enable_cloud_shadowsOops, one more thing. If you look in Readme.wri in your flight3 directory, you'll see a bunch of different things you can do.Happy flying,Jim B.

Guest Steffen

Hi Jorgen,you'll need to open your flt3.cfg file and add the line:enable_player_shadow to it - if I remember it correctly, that should do the trick. I'll check that when I get home.Blue Skies, Steffen

YoThanx guys. So it was another RTFM case. However, I would not expect these kind of information in a readme.doc file..... ;)