Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

SF Region Airports 2 files Oak and Oakland

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,In my RegionSfAirports, there are 2 folders 1 named oak and another oakland. I have been getting the Ai Startup screen lock and been using esc key to continue the load. Do you all know if its normal for those 2 folders to exist in the directory? I thought of just moving one out, but figured I'd ask you all first incase moving one might destroy my SF region.Recent history is, I changed packages to backages to allow my SF region to work. Prior to this I wasn't able to get into the region at all, would get cdt when ever I tried. So, I have no packages installed now and was in preperation to start the 1 by 1 package installs and thought to check the airport folders for duplicates in both regions as suggested in the old forum.Thanks, Jim B.

Guest hoohah

Hi Jim,I have a fresh install of SanFran region and the only directory I have is oak (i.e., no oakland dir). I currently have no Packages installed for SanFran either.HTH,hoo

Guest juvat2

Thanks Hoo,I'll get rid of oakland then and see how it runs.Thanks, Jim B.

Guest juvat2

Update:That ended up wrecking the sf region. Ended up using Hennies sf airport folder and now I can get back into Sf. Still get the AI Startup lock, oh well, I'll just have to be happy its working at all.Didn't add his, or any other packages though. Maybe one day....Jim B.

You may have original AIRPORTS folder renamed to AIRPORTS0 and second AIRPORT for modifications. You can add one after one & test them.B.Adamski

Guest juvat2

Thanks Bogdan for replying,Since adding Hennies airports 1 by 1 allowed me back into SF region, I've started the process of 1 by 1 adding his modded packages, about half through it. Its been tedious installing a package, then starting FU3, flights in both regions, shutdown, add next package and start the whole test process again, but I will persevere. Almost got it complete though, unless the wife starts "cracking the whip" and puts me onto the weekend chores.Now as time goes by and this in-explicably happens again, I may just re-install and shun all packages, for maybe 4 weeks, to see if it happens again.Jim B.

I got the same problem once I started adding outer terrain airports -- the SanFran AI count hangs again. Since I want to rebuild an error-free FU3 it would be interesting to learn what works. Just keep in mind that the outer terrain airports may conflict with HiRes airports and cause problems. Thus, your issues may be with SanFran versus outer terrain rather than within SanFran.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest juvat2

Hi Hans,I totally forgot about testing the package imports with flying in the outer regions. I'm done importing the modded packages, and besides the AI Startup pause, their working fine. Upon reading your post I started a quick flight from Eug-Mahlon Sweetfield, Or. I was parked at Oakland just prior to that. Zoared to Portland, landed there, selected quickflt from portland, got the AI Startup pause, zoared to Paine Field in Wash. Landed, selected quick start, AI Startup did not pause.Looking at the modded packages, I don't see EUG Mahlon Sweetfield and Portland as a package, yet the fields seemed built-up. They had buildings etc. EUG is a blue icon and has ATIS, Grnd, and Twr freq's, also has runway, taxi lines. Portland is a red icon-private field, no taxi lines, does have buildings, bridges, towers, no assigned radios.The rest of the outer terrain airports per the zoomed out map appear to be all red icons. Maybe EUG and Portland come this way out of the box?Has anyone developed a utility that has the capability to look into the airports folders, extract and list the airports and their freqs in 3 categories/columns, SF, Sea, Ot? It would extract the data to, say, a spread sheet for comparison analysis. I think that would put to rest that there may radio freq conflicts out there.Well, now I must decide how to add Chris's latest enhancements like Star, and have them not conflict with these modded packages. All the modded packages, names start with "modded", so I theorize there shouldn't be any problems with Star. I will add Star, I've read Chris's readme carefully and all I have to do is just be careful and add it one at a time and bear in mind possibilities of duplicate airports and avoid that, etc.There are also other great ones out there like Bj