Sign in to follow this  

Expansion Not Possable

Hi All... Found In Expanding Seattle Viotates The Copyrite Of Fu3Separate Regions No Problem ...So Thats The Way I Have To Go Sure Do Not Want To Step On Toes...So AS I Live In Canada I Could Use Some Input As To What Is The Best Region I Should Do I Do Have Montana DoqAnd Arizona Also.......I Would Appreciate Some Help On This If Possable..Thanks Dave

Guest hoohah

Hi Bluejay,Any region that is not yet in high-res would be great - especially the area(s) between SanFran and Seattle (i.e., Oregon).I'm curious about under what circumstances the Copyright of FU3 can be infringed by enhancing the scenery (does this mean that the addon packages on AVSIM are infringing the copyright?).Regards,hoo

Hoo No Just Can NConvert There Original Files Of Seattle Region.Addittional Regions Are Fine ...To Make The Expanson You Have To Convert Theres To Bin..Can't Do That So Have To Make Separate Regions Using bin Files..ThanksDave

Guest juvat2

Hi Bluejay,How did this come about? Did EA send you a nasty gram or something? I can't see how they would care as they have not said one thing in the upgrading of the stock FU3 aircraft. Additionally, theres been changes to enhance the appearence of AI aircraft that normally wouldn't appear in the "out-of-the-box" FU3's.LG themselves provided some tools for creating hi-res regions and tools for further development of the outer regions.They did not provide the direct means for the creation of the new regions currrently available, yet, the regions exist, are downloadable, and they (EA) have not made one public notice of their disapproval.Theres not been one squeak from them in regards to importing FU2 challeneges to FU3.Jim B.

Hi Bluejay:Don't think that making new sceneries outside the original limits of FU3 (SEATTLE) is worse that making enhancements within the same area. Besides, LG supplied FLED precisely to enable users to make scenery changes, improvements, enhancements, or whatever for the WHOLE FU3 PACKAGE and also the SF area, that is the WHOLE FU2 area.Regards,Polov

Guest Ansgar

Hello Dave,I second that of Jim. Why do you stop work before you started it concrete? It

Hi!I Understand All What Everbody Saying But I Was Advised Not To Do Expansion Onlt Additional Regions..So I Have To Go With That...I Am Going To Release An Region ... EveryThing Takes Time ... Yes I DidCheck ... But I Guess Not Good Enough ... I Am Working On Montana Around The Bute And Yellowstone Area ..Because Of The Rockey MountainsIm Not Saying I Will Not Do The Expansion I Have Already Emailed AboutGetting The Ok .. When I Do..Then I will Comntinue MeantimeI Will Still Work On Montana........Dave

Guest Allan_D

Dave,>I was advised not to do something< BY WHOThere is no party worried about what you or anyone else does within FU3 it's a dead game, PeriodThe ones that are keeping it alive are not worried about any feed back from any where.You've been playing this type of game on us for a couple of years now,I sent you some CD's that you said you needed so you could do Ontario 2 years ago,That was not a big deal for me but I thought I might gain something back for my effort.Then you changed your Area to Ohio, Then out West etc, Etc,Is there anyway you can just have fun without telling everyone how great your going to make this game? There are lots of folks that are really adding to itHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Guest twsimfan

Allan,Good post!

Guest Allan_D

Hi Newbee Francois,Welcome to our forums, You'll get used to the way we do things in no time :-lol :-lol watch out for Puppy he'll eat your ParachuteNice to meet yaWhat's up with the moose he looks tiredhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/jessica.vanduijn/gi...imals/eland.gifIs he being chased by a wolf or Puppy? If you need help with him just ask, We are all willing and ableHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Allan,Surely you aren't saying that we will NEVER see these new scenery areas ? Shame on you :-lolChris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png