Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 downloads?

"...cannot find any reference to Autogenious.."Hennie, you can find it here:http://digilander.iol.it/aliditalia/autogeniusenter.htmlIf you want more info about it, search for Autogenious in MSFS forum and you will find interesting discussions about it. I've found that it works best with the default FS2002 textures (this is also recommended by its author Francesco), though others seem to have found a way to make it work with replacement textures like Lennart's and Ruud's.All the best.

Autogenious is great! It's made for the default textures and consists of a hand tweaked set of autogen tile definitions which places buildings and trees based on where they look like they should be on the texture bitmaps. As a result, using Autogenious on other textures may or may not look "right". Of course, autogen can be hand tweaked for any texture if you have the time to do the work.

Hi all,I have one more question - I've searched the MS forum without satisfactory results:How do I change the default spot plane distance for the various aircraft? I know how to do it in the flight setups, but would prefer to do it in the aircraft file itself.Thanks for any help.Regards,Hennie

My finger was too quick on the send button. I have another question:All of my Beavers are listed under the FU4 Corsair name in my aircraft selection menu. There are some other odd cases also. How do I fix? I.o.w how do I manage add on aircraft being listed correctly in my aircraft selection menu like all De Havilands grouped, all Cessnas grouped etc.Regards,Hennie

Hi, Hennie. In the folder of your aircraft, there is the file aircraft.cfg. Open it with Notepad and you will see entries like the following that describe the plane:ui_manufacturer=Cessnaui_type=185 Skywagonui_variation=Mikko wheelsThese describe where your plane will appear in the Select Aircraft menu:The first one above is the Aircraft Manufacturerthe second one is Aircraft Modelthe third is the VariationI'm not sure about the other question. I don't think you can set it for each aircraft. You can however save a flight as default with the distance that you want for the spot view. This way when you start a session, that distance is fixed for all planes. I'll need to double check this.

Guest juvat2

Hi Hennie,Here's an excerpt from one of my Beaver aircraft.cfg.ui_manufacturer=de Havillandui_type=DHC-2 Beaver Mklui_variation=FloatSee the lines starting with "ui"? Thats how your aircraft should be.If you put de Havilland after the "=" for all your de havilland aircraft like the Beavers, they'll show under that manufacturer type in FS02's Aircraft selection screen. You can do this for all your aircraft as far as I know.There's probably a tool to help you do this, but this is the manual way.You find your aircraft.cfg like this. Here's the directory string for the above cfg Beaver Float example: C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraftBeaver_FThe cfg is easily edited with Notepad.Sorry I can't help you with the spot view question.Hope this is helpful Hennie,Jim B.