Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Look Ma, no dome!

Guest jonpoint

Hey, all DC3 fiends!A real civvy DC3! I couldn't wait to show someone. Thanks to Ansgar's monumental efforts (what with all the AI stuff happening), I've been busy on the weekend... Some screenshots follow. This mod simply replaces files 69&70 in the resfile - the crash models are unchanged. With Ansgar's permission, I'll post the file on the forum.BTW, I have updated the rear views (F2&F3) to show a ceiling, not a dome :-). I will post these as well if there is sufficient interest.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Hi Jon:First on line!!. This was a needed update.Thanks,

Yes, this looks better for most civilian DC3s. I'm sure that some of them might be former military ones but I haven't seen the astrodome in images of civilan planes. But by all means, the dome is absolutely correct for the camoflage livery!best regards,Hans Petter

Guest Lizardo

The "Dome" is a weird question. In the beginning, the navigator took "sights" out of it over the pacific. In my days, it was to "observe" other aircraft in the area (a crewman's job). They are easy enough to remove, and probably leak by now..so with/without isn't a real designator. That is also true of the "hambuger door", many have been covered over...it's a simple patch when going through sheduled re-work. A curious difference in the ones the Russians copied and used was that they made a "bay window" in the side of the cockpit, so you can see the runway with tail down. {why didn't we think of that? haha. (S2F's etc have a "bubble" side window, for the same purpose..ever though a tri wheeler, they sit tail downish.)

Guest twsimfan

Jon,Very, VERY, nice! :)

Nice one mate! The VH- rego does it for me. Now if somebody would please shoot the bloody roos grazing on the runway!!!! ;)

Crayfish wrote: Now if somebody would please shoot the bloody roos grazing on the runway!!!! Sorry, we can't allow that to happen. The kangoroos in the Seattle HiRes region belong to the Seattle Zoo and the ones in southern Cal just escaped from Balboa Park in San Diego. Please help us capture them and get them back where they can be taken care of :-)Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Crayfish,Tell you what - you open the winda, I'll give you the three-o and I'll hold her steady while you put a bit of lead in their pelts :-bang More fun than pig shootin' in the jeep eh? Uh oh! There's an emu caught in the tailwheel... :-kewlJon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

heheheheh, I'll use my issued F89 instead. (not all the roo shooters down at Puckapunyal were 'licenced' hunters) :-beerchug