Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steffen

Glider Realism Challenge 1.0

Guest Steffen

Hi Guys,a great teamwork has finished successfully! Glidernut, Lars Peter, Ansgar and myself proudly present the Glider Realism Challenge 1.0! This challenge simulates a fully working (energy compensated) e-vario in the Stemme glider. The e-vario sounds were recorded in a real glider by Lars Peter and created by Ansgar.Now you can "hear" accurately whether your Stemme plane is climbing or sinking. Also, you will be able to save off your position when exiting the challenge, to use variable non-airport starting-points (a list and map of Glidernuts no-engine-takeoff-places is included), and to use a Preselection Tool in order to define/modify your own challenge starting points.To our knowledge, this might well be the first time in the flightsimming world that you can use a fully working energy compensated (no pull-the-stick-artifacts in the sound feedback) e-vario with real e-vario-sounds in a flightsim. Enjoy the new Soaring experience!I just finished uploading the challenge - it should show up in the library soon.Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest glidernut

To every one,Giv this a try, its good.Even if you have no interest in gliding, you should give this atry, cus Steffens scripting offers a solooshon to the icon limitashon problem.Which is of use to us all.On seeing the abuv posting, as planed, Iv just up uploaded 7 new packages, to giv the places on the list sum atmosfaer.glidernut.:-wave

Hi!This is very good news!Thank's for doing the hard work to finish this project.This will be a new experience of glider flight's.Lars Peter.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Iv just uplowded an alternativ set of variometer sounds for the Stemme in the Glider Realism Challenge.Thay are not orthentik, but sum might prefer them to the ASTIR glider,s variometer.glidernut.:-wave

Guest juvat2

Hi All,I have Star Office on this desktop and it can't open the Preselection Tool. Apparently Excel 95 is the latest workbook Star Office can open.So I ask a big-big ole, huge favor, could someone e-mail me a 'exel 95 version of the tool? Or maybe post it as a patch incase there are other poor fellas like me who can't afford msoffice and rely on Star Office for these kind of files? Thank you and I'm looking forward to some Mt. Ranier launches.Jim B.

Guest glidernut

Hi Jim B,I hope someone can help us out, but in the meen time,You dont have to use the Excel tool.If you have dounloded my packages, then I sergest you folow myinstructtions, and copy & paste the cordinats manualy.I compieled the list manualy, and I use the list manualy.Like you, I dont have Excel.glidernut.:-wave

Guest juvat2

Ok Glidernut,Thats what I'll do. Thanks Alot.Take Care,Jim B.

Guest Steffen

Hi Jim,there we go, check your mailbox. The Excel95-version is waiting for you there, I hope the converted version still works!Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest glidernut

Ok, copying and pasting the cordinats manualy, bifor starting FU3is not the most conveneent way of doing things.Copy & pasteing, Is not as conveneent as cliking on an icon on a map.Wat is needed is a program for outside FU3 that has a map,and has icons on it, that you can clik on, and dus the Copying andpasteing artomaticly.But no one would bother to make such a program, if the advantagesfor sed program had not been realized.So to realize the advantages of bypassing the FU3 map screen.I erge you all to get copying & pasteing.The advantages are,No icon limit,Start from literaly anywhere on the ground, or on worter or evenfrom the dek of aicraft carier, or flying at any altitude, or evenfrom in the midl of a chosen cloud.And if you want, you can start from where you left off.Which is usfull for thows long hall flights that take mor timethan you have.So get copying & pasteing. After you have dun it a few times, you see its easy.It takes me les than a minit, Iv timed my self.Thats less time than it takes FU3 to start up from coled.And makeing your own list could not be easyer,Just revers the proceder.glidernut.:-wave

> To our knowledge, this might well be the first time in the > flightsimming world that you can use a fully working energy > compensated (no pull-the-stick-artifacts in the sound feedback) > e-vario with real e-vario-sounds in a flightsim. So X-Plane's total energy vario (with sound and a volume on/off) which was added around version 5.2 (over a year ago) does not count? :-)

Guest glidernut

Thats right Verreynne, Slope soring in X-Plane is so crap, it dont count? glidernut.:-wave

Guest Steffen

Uups,I haven't ever done anything with X-Plane, nor seen it... But I guess maybe they don't use original sounds in there?Blue Skies, Steffen

Guest glidernut

Hi Steffen,Yes, I do now remember that it did have an ordabl vario.I dont remember wat it sounded like, but I do remember thinkinghow useles it was, as there is no slope lift wave lift or thermllift in X-Plane.If I recall right, there was sum kind of lift, but it was a constantsort of lift, that was always the same, every where,and in compleet disregard forspeed of wind, directshon of wind, hils, mountins, clouds, or timeof day.X-Plane givs no sesashon of soring at all.An ordabl vario in X-Plane, is like a pub with no beer,Its a totl wast of time.Iv installed X-Plane about 4 timse sins it came out, along with apile of stuf from the net, hopeing its been improoved,and on every ocashon Iv ended up deleting the lot out of frustrashon.Iv just been looking for the X-Plane disk, to chek out the ordabl vario, and Im glad to say I carnt fined it.There is an ordabl vario in Hang-sim as well.Iv just installed it yet agen.I can hear the vario in there glider, but have no acses to theresound files.Thy are a lot simpler than wat we have, but thay are OK, Which is more than can be sed for Hang-sim it self.glidernut.:-wave------------------------------------------------------------------If my coments seem a littl harsh, its bicus I feel angry aboutgliding beeing ignord in FU3.Menshon gliding, and every one terns off.And yet gliding its wat FU3 dus best.Wat is the point of having the the most butifly detaled mounin seenary in the flight sim woerld, and then only ever see them from10,000 feet ?So cum on, youv all doun-lowded it, so wat do you think ?Which set of variomiter sounds do you frefer ?Dus it mater if the sounds are reel ?Wat do you think thay shoud sound like ?Do you know which vario mode represents lift ?Are you all so fritend of upseting us, you dont like to say ?Has any one managed to take off from any of my packages ?Do you want better instrucshons on copy & pasteing cordinats ?Am I the only one to see Steffen,s scripting as a solooshon to the icon problem ?Have you read the informashon just inside eech package ?Do you think all packages shoood be dun lick this, or non ?glidernut.:-wave

Guest glidernut

Hay, Hang-sim,s vario is not compenated, Iv just tried it.And It wouldent suprise me if X-Plane,s vario was not compenatedither.glidernut.:-wave