Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

DC3 "no dome" files uploaded.

Guest jonpoint

Hi DC3 fans! Sorry for the delay in getting this to you. I have just uploaded the "no dome" fix for commercial variants of Ansgar's wonderful DC3, complete with two sets of cockpit art for you to choose from! Some pix follow. Enjoy.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest CaptRolo

Jon; I'll get it too .Thanks ---good work!!CaptRolo

Yes, this is a civilian DC3! I tried the tweak on one of my civilian liveries and will apply it to the others. Needless to say, the military versions will stay as they are.best regards,Hans Petter

Jon.I downloade your DC3"no dome" file and it's really nice. with 2 minor exceptions.1.plane when loaded is slightly off the ground.This seems to be alright after you take off and land again.at least until you load it again.2.if you apply this fix to the C47 on floats it removes the floats from the plane.this is not good.I just thought if it works on the DC3 then why not try it on the XC47 as well .I tried it and my floats came off!by the way,I'm using your Ansett livery and it's really nice.thanks for the fix.now if you can fix the fix we'll ALL appreciate it.I personally like the no dome version especially with the plush interior.:-wave Ralph B.

Guest jonpoint

Ralph,HMMMM! A levitating DC3 :-) . Seriously, do you have the "110_beta" patch installed? It corrects the altitude, lets ATC know you're there and makes your logbook actually record your flights? If so, then I dunno! I've juuust reloaded FU3 (again) with my new m'board so I'll try it out tonight. 45fps!!!!!!!!!I'm not surprised that the floats came off - files 69 & 70 are main structure files for the 3D model. Similarly, if you crash it, the dome comes back 'coz the 3D 'crash' models weren't updated. This may all be fixed in the near future. I'm also getting closer to the re-release of both VH-ABR livery sets, this time as complete 'planes, not packages (with better textures, sounds and cockpits). That way, each aircraft can be as different as I want without confusing the user!BTW, you can have the interior without the external 'no-dome' fix, just don't import files 69 & 70. Oh, and tell 'em the dome's a fish bowl :-) .Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon, if you check my "Levitation" post below it addresses the very same issue. You wrote: Seriously, do you have the "110_beta" patch installed?I went browsing the library but I couldn't find it. How can the "no dome tweak" possibly change the gear height in the first place? Anyhow, if there's a way to lower the aircraft a foot or so (33 cm if you're a metric guy), please point us to the fix.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest jonpoint

Hans Petter,Sorry for the confusion! The files were never in the file library 'coz it's still in 'beta'. They are available via the forums though. Please have a look at:"Taxi line and logbbook errors" Topic # 224 in the forums for info and background.Ansgar's original beta upload:http://ansgar.avermeyer.bei.t-online.de/DC3-110beta.zipHowever you just need one file which is the 'plane.res' file. Files 69 & 70 are replaced by the 'no-dome' fix. See file attached below. Use Resviewer to 'import flight model' and you're away! Without this file, the aircraft's altitude is incorrect and, together with the original files 69 & 70, caused taxiway line and logbbook errors. It is my intention to re-release both of the VH-ABR liveries as complete aircraft, ready to fly, with all the improvements added. With all the fantastic work done by Ansgar and others to create the DC3, it's a pity to have it unfinished. Unfortunately, by the time you've downloaded the aircraft (after finding the correct version), downloaded the plane.res file, then downloaded the livery sets, you've still got a lot of Resviewer work to complete the aircraft. I expect to complete this in about 2 weeks. The livery sets have been cleaned-up a bit with better colours and some effects, including 'warning' signs and 1000's of rivets! Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Jon,No I don't have the 110 beta fix.this is the first I heard of it must have missed that somehow anyway I think I'll wait for your new package to come out I'll be watching for it and thanks :-wave Ralph B.

Jon sent me the 110 beta fix and I applied it. Now the "levitation" is gone. Just import it as flight model through ResViewer and you're all set.Hans Petter