Sign in to follow this  
Guest jonpoint

Gee folks, my AI's gone crazy!

Guest jonpoint

What with all this extra traffic, sometimes you just can't get off the ground :-(. Here I was, just running up the engines on a nice day, ready for a great flight when my DC3 exploded! A quick hit onF5 (and a quick screenshot or two) showed why. The Government's new, top-secret 'Titanium Trainer'!Why do AI planes have to be invincible? Have a nice® day...Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest juvat2

Hi Jon,I've had them rascals do the same to me. Sometimes they'll taxi and waite obediantely, other times they'll taxi right into me, whether Control instructs me to hold short of the runway or taxi and hold.Good thing we are "invincible" zillionaires and are able to rebuild our fleet of aircraft. Jim B.

Jon,Just download my AIRPORT PACK 2, and you'll never see a Trainer on runway 24 at Napa County again ! Of course, you may just get wasted by a 737 on runway 18R, but, well...............you can't have everything !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest jonpoint

Chris,Thanks, I got it some time ago but haven't installed it yet! I was having mysterious lockups in FU3 and decided to do a 'clean sweep' and reinstall. I have had concerns about the different authors' versions of packages and airports - like, which ones cause which problem with what? It all got too much so I decided to start again. Currently, the only packages I have installed are the BFU ones 'coz I know they work! I have a plethora of other packages and I'm still confused. The new AI package caused multiple lockups during startup so I've removed it again.Which packages of yours would constitute a 'set'? I went to install one last night and noticed that you had covered the same airports in a later package so I stopped. Please let me know so I can get back to it. When I've got an entire working FU3 with what I like (and no hangups) I'm going to zip my entire FU3 directory and span it across a few CDs so I have a 'definitive' setup. If I have problems in the future I can always restore it.Currently, Fu3 seems to run well and I'm happier with the framerates I'm getting (not sub-10fps now) so I'm being careful...BTW, any luck winning the GE4 card yet?Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I second the above -- I've reinstalled the sim (due to hardware issues) and would really like to keep it free from hiccups this time. I've sorted out some radio frequency conflicts and want to proceed cautiously with adding tweaks. We've been into this innumerous times, concluding that it's hard to say what will cause problems before you try it.Here's a tad of concrete info and some ideas:1) Some outer terrain airports (eg Eugene) clash with some SanFran airport frequency. I decided to skip Eugene for the time being.2) Packages may clash or slow down the system but that's of lesser concern -- just back up the set of packages that works before swapping it for another / adding new packages.3) Tweaks that totally replace original files ought be safe. I'm thinking of taxigraph corrections or the airport elevation tweak by Agtim. But then, the taxigraph correction might mess up a package designed for the original airport, still without causing any hard conflicts.4) Tweaks that add to the sim may create conflicts. For instance, it might be a good idea to use a coherent set of AI flight plans rather than just adding new ones to the list. How about uploading a full AIplan.txt for all regions that is known to work? If someone doesn't have all of the airports I assume that the AI planes would do fine taxiing around on the green outer terrain texture.Regarding the crash model shown in the screenshots above -- notice that the aircraft shadow remains intact :-)best regards,Hans Petter