Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

This Seemingly Ole Nice FU2 Site

Guest juvat2

I found reference to this sight while searching the old forum for a fix for FU1 screen shot problems I'm having.The sight is up but the docs and pdf's seem to be corrupt? I'd look into this more but I've been given orders by the wife to clear the phone line. I succeeded in completely downloading one of them but Winzip reports the file as corrupt. Others I've tried, although reported as being 2+ megs, only download 6 to 100k and report as corrupt zips by winzip.If anyone has these, could they be uploaded to avsim? I haven't yet searched Avsim due to previous stated wife "command". I'm thinking the doc's/pdf's won't be there because in the course of searching for the PCX screen fix for FU1, I saw an old thread saying Avsim had closed/deleted the FU2 library unannounced before anyone could download its contents. This mean there were, at one time, tons of add-ons for FU2 specific, just as there are for FU3/2 now at the library?It'd be a shame for these to be lost forever. Its seems they be a great addition to the FU3 Airports doc thats available now at the library. Well, to be exact, the FU3 is really the addition-right?http://www.geocities.com/fu2fbo/Gotta Go, She's breaking out the 4x4 boards!Jim B.

Jim,That's the advantage of not having a wife.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

Hi Chris,I finally successfully downloaded his FU2 Airports doc-great tool. Downloaded his FU2 FBO, which turned out to be actually his web sight I guess. Wanted to download his 'doc' version of FU2 Approach, but didn't succeed; however, was able to download his Pdf version of it. I wish his doc version were still available, as I've always disliked adobe's pdf format. Not very flexible and jimmy b user-friendly.The FU2 Airports doc is going to be a very nice addition to the tools I've been trying to gather for navigation. Though in pdf, the FU2 Approach tool will also be a very helpful reference.I searched for these at the Avsim library and they're not listed. You suppose it'd be alright to upload them? They didn't come with read-me's so I don't know if the author would mind or not.Take care,Jim B.

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Hi Jim,I will look into this as soon as possible. I'll upload the files again and update the site this weekend.Regards,Henri

Guest juvat2

Hello Henri,My thanks to you for this sight. Its opened my eyes to the fact that there were at, one time, tons of FU2 specific downloads. Shame on me for setting aside FU3 when I purchased it when it first hit the shelves so many years ago because my old Presario PC could not satisfactorly run it.Now, after all these years, I see that I missed out on great developments for its predecessors, Flight Unlimited and Flight Unlimited II.If Avsim allows it, I see only gains from everyone uploading their FU2 or maybe 1 enhancement archives to the Flight Unlimited library.Here are 2 screen shots from Flight Unlimited 95 version I recently purchased. In its own right, it is an outstanding sim.(I found that the freeware program Eye Browse opens the FU1 pcx files and can export them as jpeg just fine).Jim B.

Guest Henri Kauhanen

Thanks for the shots!It's a nostalgic sim alright. Too bad my version is DOS, so it won't run on my new machine (and on my old one it barely runs, as 66 Mhz is hardly enough for FU1 :-lol ). In fact I've got two copies; the first CD broke so I had to buy a new one. I never bought FU2 though; haven't found it anywhere.Anyhow, about the Magatagan site. I decided not to continue using Geocities as a host, and I'm currently looking for a new one. I will transfer the site to a new host and fix the files as soon as I find a decent one.Regards,Henri

The above screenshots, are they from FU1 or FU2? The scenery looks great!I've installed FU2 as a stand-alone sim (in addition to incorporating SanFran into FU3) and this scenery doesn't look like the SanFran that I know. There's too much brown in the textures.No wonder Looking Glass thought that they would wipe out MS Flight Simulator years ago. In retrospect, that's not possible -- if MS sees a worthy contender they'll just buy it at a price nobody can turn down, decompile it and trash it ;-) Hopefully, the innovative parts will live on.Hans Petter

Guest juvat2

Hi Hans,Those shots are from the Win95 version of Flight Unlimited. The fbo was Vermont.I don't know why the terrains so brown. Its like that at the other fbo's as well. Maybe its my voodoo 5. It also has purple orbs oozing from the horizon. I'll try and post a shot of that next time it happens, pretty weird.Thanks, Jim B.

Guest jonpoint

Hey Folks,Yep, maybe the brown is a video thing. The purple orbs relate to thermals I think?!? Any ideas? Anyway, here's some shots from my DOS FU1.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

I don't know, but these areas are very small - about 5x7 km.B.Adamski