Sign in to follow this  

Weather...there is more LowLevelHaze

Hello all,A nice person sold me his FU III,and the forum hints me about the Voodoo5 , and now since a week I am ready and settled for this true great sim .And I can tell you now, this Flight 3 is beyond all my expectations , it is ... it is ... hmmmmm it is a spiritual experience, folks !No other sim, right out the box, can give ME the whole environnement of general aviation , so complete, soo rich and truly convincing !Dear Looking Glass, your excellent products are fitting me as the best glove and apparently this forum has the same opinion and thoughts! Now about a question:How can I make the simulation clear, what LowLevelHaze to use. I haveat present three low level profiles in my .cfg and I wish to use one, the one with that great sunset effects . Next:Can I make the cloud'haze' thicker (more dense).To me it looks a little bit unusual that flying through most of the FU III clouds the ground is still there , fade away as a hazy darkish surface and the horizon is still visible. I can 'except' it when flying through rain and thin clouds of course, this is simulated very well by FU III. BTW Iam composing this message online, with all the delays by errorsin misspelling my schoolenglish, soo long ago learned and almost never practicing it, is there a way to write it off line and copy this on the right place while online...Thank you !Wouter W.The Netherlands

Guest glidernut

Hi Wouter,>is there a way to write it off line and copy this on the >right place while online...Yes there is.This is how I do it,I put wat I want to say in a "New txt document", and drag and dropit to the far left of my desk top.I then go on line, to where Im just about to staret tipeing my mesege, but insted of tipeing my mesege, I moov my mous cerser tothe fare left of the screen, to where my cerser bicums a dubl hededarow,I then drag and drop the screen a little to the right,to reveel part of my desk top, the part of my desk top that has my "New txt document",I open my "New txt document", and clik on its "Edit" "SelectAll" "Edit" "copy".I then clik on the "Edit" "Paste" of the on line screen.Thats it.It also works the other way around, from the screen to a "New txt document" on your desk top.I dont have a voodo, and I prefer cler blu skys, with no haze at all.So I carnt help you there.glidernut.:-wave

Guest cornclose

Wouter,Your English is just fine...I did promise to send you my .cfg file, so when I get back home in a few weeks (I'm in sunny Seattle at the moment), drop me an email and I will send it to you...I have not forgot about your problem with Win95 and SYNC FS by the way, I am very pressed for time at the moment, I will sort you out soon I promise...RegardsChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)PS. Everyone tells me that in Seattle it rains all the time (just like the UK) but not a spot of it yet and I've been here for a week already. Its a conspiracy I'm sure!!! :-lol

Wouter,Welcome to the wonderful world of FU3. If you want the REALLY great sunset effects, then you will need to add Laurie Doering's weather upgrades to your flt3.cfg file. My e-mail address is listed below, so just let me know if you want it.Christopher.Low@btinternet.comAgain, the above upgrades will greatly improve EVERYTHING about the weather effects. To get the best effects regarding haze, I would set the HAZE in the OPTIONS menu to around 30 per cent (one third of the way along the bar from the left).Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. Don't forget to explore the FU3 file library here at AVSIM. There are a huge number of upgrades (scenery, aircraft etc.) that will make your flying experience even better !

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest CaptRolo

Wouter; I'm glad you discovered this great sim .I agree with Chris to set haze about 30% . Welcome aboard !CaptRolo

Hi guys , thanks a lot for your nice welcome words , hints and references to email addresses! Further now with the low level haze from the thread .I have done some investigation myself ... Have a look to your default flt3.cfg and you will find :sky_NumLowLevelHazeProfiles 2haze_lowlevelhazelevel 0.1Xsky_UseLowLevelProfile 1sky_LowLevel1ScatterRedHW 1sky_LowLevel1ScatterGreenHW 0.999sky_LowLevel1ScatterBlueHW 0.95sky_LowLevel1ScatterRedScatterHW 0.2sky_LowLevel1ScatterGreenScatterHW 0.32sky_LowLevel1ScatterBlueScatterHW 0.4sky_LowLevel1OpticalDepthHW 800sky_LowLevel2ScatterRedHW 1sky_LowLevel2ScatterGreenHW 1sky_LowLevel2ScatterBlueHW 1sky_LowLevel2ScatterRedScatterHW 0.2sky_LowLevel2ScatterGreenScatterHW 0.32sky_LowLevel2ScatterBlueScatterHW 0.4sky_LowLevel2OpticalDepthHW 800This all means that there are two low level haze profiles present, named level 1 and level 2 .The sky_NumLowLevelHazeProfiles line gives the amount of profiles, in this case two profiles.The sky_UseLowLevelProfile defines the profile wanted, in this case profile 1.The X seems to prevents that this profile actually becomes executed ,i don't know exactly what this X means, but with or without (the readme text is without) it changes nothing...!? If I do not define the profile ,the profile seems chosen randomly, also nice. If you have a look quite closely on that two profiles,they differ almost nothing from each other. So you could not have noticed it,the randomly changing,.if the profile is not defined. But we can take command over the stuff and that's what we want !Every new Low level profile, par example the Doering sunset profiles, has to be 'announced' to the system otherwise it becomes neglected most of the time and only randomly loaded. Thus far what I could find in the read me's ... A nice thread is disabling all the low level profiles in .cfg with ; You get the default low level haze from looking glass, but remarkable enough the haze slider lacks a big part of autority in this 'unvisible' default profile (saved in the .exe) , any way the result is interesting but I mis in this profile the sunset gloom a bit.So back to profile 1 or 2 ...Hopes this helps somewhat, anyway it has helps me anyway in understanding a bit of the exciting stuff of flight 3 :-)! Regards,Wouter(posted with glidernut's method !)

Chris,Certainly will drop an email, when time has come.Have a great time in Seattle.Enjoy the good weather in FU III land !Regards,Wouter