Sign in to follow this  
Guest twsimfan

The chat and the log.

Guest twsimfan

The chat went really well... just wrapped up a few minutes ago. We got a good log on it but I am having trouble accessing it... so once Matt makes it available to me I will get it posted in the library. Probably some time tomorrow.Thanks guys... it was a good one! :)

Guest Stearman

Hi Tom, please excuse me for my "abrupt" way of leaving the chat this time.My ISP suddenly kicked me off-line and, since it was 2:00 AM here and I was really tired, I didn't feel like re-connecting just to say "good bye".Hope all others present in the chat at that time will also excuse me.Best regards,

Apology accepted, Captain Stearman (try this with a Darth Vader accent). I must admit that your sudden disconnection in the early morning hours did cause a disturbance in the Force, and this temporarily disrupted my sleep patterns.May the Force be with you.Chris Low,ENGLAND.PS. Sorry about that. Too much Jedi Knight 2 recently.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Bob,Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone would be the CORRECT title. Why this was changed for the USA is a complete mystery to me.By the way, does the second book have the same title everywhere ? In other words, is it called "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" in the USA ?I saw a couple of very short extracts from the second film a few days ago. It showed Dobby on Harry's bed, and also the Ford Anglia flying right in front of the Hogwarts Express. If you've seen it, you will have noticed a big, curving bridge in this sequence. I can't be sure, but it may very well have been the Ribble Viaduct, which crosses the River Ribble on the Settle to Carlisle railway.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robert_S

Chris,Naw, over here the second book is called "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Philosophers". :-lolOkay, okay, if I've got to be serious... all the rest of the books (so far) are titled the same as over there; "Chamber of Secrets", "Prisoner of Azkaban", and "Goblet of Fire". And supposedly, book #5 will be "Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix", with rumors of book #6 being "...and the Green Flame Torch". If one wants rumors and theories and random wild guessing about anything and everything Harry Potter, the internet is a V__A__S__T place.I've wondered about the title change myself, but let me state this. I've been a wizard/witch, Halloween, scary stories & movies, etc fan for as long as I've been alive, both from an entertainment point of view and more seriously. But the word "philosopher" has never meant anything in that way to me (or a handful of friends). But "sorcerer" does... I bought a wizard's (sorcerer's) pointed hat at a local Renaissance Fair about 20 years ago, and promptly created a wizard's full-length cloak. They're both covered with moons and stars and Saturns and such, not just black like in the HP movie. So maybe those in charge felt the same way, that over here, "philosopher" is more simply thought of as "thinker", rather than wizard. "Sorcerer" is fully synonymous with "wizard", in my mind. Anyway, I do agree with you, it's rather absurd to change J.K. Rowling's title of her own work. I wonder if it was done with her blessing? I would think so.I haven't seen any video of CoS, but I have seen stills of the scenes you described. I hear filming wraps up next month for it, with release mid-November.Now how's *that* for a Flight Unlimited post! :-hah We need a Harry Potter forum! :-lol~Bob~http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif

Bob,The point here is that the word "philosopher" doesn't mean "wizard" in the UK either ! That's what puzzles me. I can't understand why it was deemed necessary to make it "extra clear" to everyone in the USA that this was a book/film about wizardry. That seems rather condescending to me !Anyway, the fifth book is indeed called "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". What the sixth will be called is anyone's guess.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Robert_S

"I can't understand why it was deemed necessary to make it 'extra clear' to everyone in the USA that this was a book/film about wizardry."We're just a bit dim over here, Chris. :-)~Bob~http://www.avsim.com/other/usaribbon.gif

Guest Stearman

>The chat went really well... just wrapped up a few minutes >ago. We got a good log on it but I am having trouble >accessing it... so once Matt makes it available to me I will >get it posted in the library. Probably some time tomorrow. Days come and go... and the chat log doesn't show up in the library.Will it be necessary (once again) to tell someone off?I can't believe this...[h3]Stearman[/h3]

It would be nice to see what happened after I left. Everything seemed to be relatively quiet at that point this time, which was completely the opposite of the mayhem occurring at the previous chat (Cognac and all that).Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest twsimfan

Daniel,A log was created... and I assume exists. The problem is that Matt didn't set the file's protection down so that I can access it. I have asked Matt to e-mail me the log but no response yet. I will get it to the library as soon as I can. Sorry for the delay.Thanks guys for coming... very much enjoyed all of your company! :-sun1