Sign in to follow this  
adams

Farallon Ilands

I,ve never looked at the island in the SF region models. A few days ago I decided to use this island to make unexisting Farallon Ilands package. Here are some screens of it.B.Adamski

wow, now thats a complicated model!does it slow the frame rates at all using such a large/high poly model?

After I read your post Bogdan, I launched FU3, went to Half Moon Bay and flew out looking for the default Farallon islands. They're on the SanFran map but I failed to find them. Have you built the entire islands from scratch or do they exist in the FU2 / FU3 scenery?best regards,Hans Petter

Guest DLM

That island are part of the FU2 scenery/models. It is not used by default as far as i know. Instead you need to add it with the use of FLED.Bogdan,Please upload that package!I also added that island to where the Farallon islands should be a long time ago, but i have not spent nearly as much time on it as you seem to have judging from all the extra 3D models you have added. // Daniel

I've used the model that is seen when using 3d models in fled. These island are close to the place where the aircraft carrier is on the Pacific.B.Adamski

No, because there are not many models in the neibourhood (? I don't know orthography ). The island is about 1200 polygons. Ansgar's B 747 has about 2000 polygons.B.Adamski

I wanted to wait for Ansgar. I hope, he'll make 2 small islands ( cuting them from the existing ). I'd like to make all islands that are seen on the map. Then I upload this package. I can send it by email, if anyone want it.B. Adamski

Guest juvat2

Thats Neat,A fella could do the same with any island? Create it as a FU 3d model, then with fled, plunk it down in the ocean?Jim B

Jim,It would be nice to have the Farallon Islands in the San Francisco scenery area. I never did understand why Looking Glass didn't include them, but Bogdan's version is probably better than we are ever going to get.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't understand ( my english is bad ), but 3d models are set on the surface independent of the material. It can be water but not air !!!B.Adamski

Guest juvat2

Wow,The Hawaiian Ils can be done this way? Theoretically?Jim B.

Guest juvat2

Hi,I can't remember who they were, but I remember a couple of fellas posted said they were poking and dabbling around into FU3's innards.Wondering if they found what it is within Fu3 that it can't handle higher poly's and if there's a work around, or impossible due to a whole re-write of the code.Jim B.

Jim,That's one MASSIVE leap that you just made there !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest juvat2

Hi Chris,I massively leaped? Hmmm, self-note to Jimmy Buffett, "do not rely on your fading memory and entering posts; especially following a midshift tour." Course, I gotta remember it to.:-)JB.