Sign in to follow this  

Revised Flight Models - Performance-wise

Does Steve Hess or anyone else have a better flight model for a 172? I have Steve's 172 that borrows parts of the panel from Dreamfleet's 172, but it seems to have the same performance as the default 172. Personally, I think it is a bit on the optimistic side. Even if the temp is 59 degrees F and you are at sea level, you don't often see a 172 climb at 1,000 fpm, at least with 2 people aboard.Actually, all the default flight models seem a little over-powered. Is there a way to edit them, or have people made better flight dynamics for them.Not to bash the default models, of course, just asking if there is anything better for them.Ray - N89864

I believe that Daniel (DLM) may have an answer to this. As far as I know the default planes are set up with no pax and baggage. Thus, we're flying empty aircraft. It might be a good idea to load some of them up and keep multiple versions of same model. With ResViewer one might choose different paint schemes and keep the empty, the half loaded and the fully loaded versions apart. Also, you may add well-distributed weight by filling the fuel tanks to the max, provided they aren't full already.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest juvat2

Hi Ray,If you haven't tried it already, you could edit the aircrafts flight physics yourself. You'd need resviewer to export the flight model as .res. Get planeunlimited to convert the res to txt. Edit the physics with notepad. Then get stripres, restool, and resviewer to get your new flight model back into your aircraft. I've not saved anything I've done with the tools, as I have no idea how the planes should really fly, well maybe the 152/172's-I've had rides in those, but haven't been in one in many-many years.I think Hennie has a 172 in the library that he say's is closer to the real flight modeling of the aircraft. Matter of fact, he's uploaded several different aircraft with flight modeling re-done.Do an advance search in the library, author Hennie*, Flight Unlimited and you'll see his lists of great contributions.Take care Ray,Jim B.

Is the load part of the flight physics? If so, where do I get planeunlimited?Where do I download those other tools, as well? I have resviewer (and have done some panel changing / editing with it), but I can't find the other programs that you mentioned in the AVSIM library, at least not under those names.BTW, I had downloaded Hennie's 182 a few months ago and was rather pleased with it's performance :-) . From what I know of a 182 (I've never flown one in real life), it's pretty good.Thanks,Ray - N89864