Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Piper Arrow

I got a new hard drive yesterday and am back in bussiness. Would someone help me with a starter switch. I am using piper_rd_v2.res to make the new Arrow cockpit. It has a starter switch, and says 5 positions in cockpit designer, but only works in the on and start postions. If someone could get it to work in the off, L, and R postions. Thanks!

Guest jonpoint

Steve,Dunno about the switch. I tried playing around with it for the DC3 and didn't get much sense. The different position 'click' but don't seem to do anything. I wanted to see if I could use the positions to trigger something but I concluded that I haven't a clue how to access the instruments in a straightforward manner.Meanwhile, the "Archer two lima golf" audio is done :-beerchug . Please forward your email to me and I'll send it to you for checking.Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

The Arrow is ready for upload except for the fix to the starter switch and a rotating beacon. If someone would help with these I'll upload it. Thanks!

Steve,Sorry for not replying earlier.The reason the starter switch is not fully functional is probably because a starter is not defined in the arrow flight model.you should add this line in the flight model file (the .txt file you get after using Markus' flight model converter) :byte $AEROTYPE_5WAYSTARTER, 0, float 100And then convert it back and import it.As for the beacon, I think it requires modifications to the 3D model, but I may be mistaken.The Piper Warrior II for FU3 (PA28-161.res) has both a beacon and a fully working starter, but it is a modified 3D model so I guess that's where the beacon comes from.Gideon

I have never had any luck adding a line to the res file, using the tools and going step by step. That's why I ask for help. You're right that the 3d model needs modified to add the beacon. There's only a few people that can do that and I'm not as worried about that. Steve

Guest Stearman

>I have never had any luck adding a line to the res file, >using the tools and going step by step. That's why I ask for >help.Hi Steve, maybe this is an idiot question, but do you mean you have problems with the procedure, or simply that the results haven't been good in the end?In the first case (i.e. simply adding the line suggested by Gideon) maybe I could help. You send me the "res" file (flight model) and I send it back you once modified.Just ignore this message if my question is as stupid as I'm afraid, though :)>You're right that the 3d model needs modified to add >the beacon. There's only a few people that can do that and >I'm not as worried about that.I agree: if the default Arrow doesn't feature a beacon, I wouldn't worry too much about it either.Thanks once again,