Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

Repaint Help needed

Guest twsimfan

Steve,Looking in the orig Arrow res file the only thing that looks to have potential is file 69... but that is at the end after much of the F4 stuff... it is probably on one of the body textures. I would experiment but I have to be up at 4 AM... if your still trying to figure it out I will try some tomorrow night.

Guest jonpoint

Steve,Alright, whaaaas happnin'? I can't find it anywhere either :-( .I extracted and altered colours on the following files (to pink so I could see it!) and still, the doors are white (sorta).47, 48, 49, 50, 52, 54, 55, 57, 59 & 60.Where did they hide it? The other bmps seem unrelated. BTW, I filled file 69 in red and couldn't see that on the model either!!?!Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Guest Ansgar

Hi Steve,I tested a bit around, and if the above model is based on the original piper.res I have the solution:=> The FU3 developers used here the multitexturing possibilities of 3dmax. This allows you to map a specific part of any texture (which rest also is used at other parts of the same model!) to map it free at i.e. such little details as the gear parts.-> In this case they used the texture with the wheel! (file 60 in the piper.res). The background around the normal wheel painting (dark grey) is used for the inner side of the gear cover.-> In the left corner of this texture there are 4 light grey pixels...they have been zoomed extremely and fill the outer side of the gear covers together with the gear stabs.Pls. recognize that this textures are also used for the gear covers of the front wheel.Here you see how hard it is to find it if the developers didn

Hi Ansgar,I don't know how you find all of this - you are brilliant indeed! FU3 might be one of the smallest communities, but it consists of a group of some of the most dedicated and knowledgeable people...Regards,Hennie