Sign in to follow this  
Lars Peter

FU3 Hints and Tips.

Hi!I have been looking into other FU3 sites, and there is one page by Peter James about recommended settings for this sim.He is explaining the different effects you can expect both for apowerful and for older computers.May be some of the regulars in this forum is familiar to this, but for any new FU3 pilot this is very valuable and good tips.You will find the site here:http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Han...8203/page3.htmlBest regards.Lars Peter.

Great site! Some of the links seem to be dead and the site itself may not be updated anymore but we ought to save all the info while it's available. Maybe we ought to inform the webmaster that FU3 is still alive and encourage him to join us?best regards,Hans Petter

I perused the text on settings and went for a lesser distance rendering and more haze. Frame rates increase when the sim doesn't have to render all the details of far-away objects while the limited visibility hides this imperfection. The net result is snappy performance in the slightly spooky environment that FU3 is able to create. Unlike rain the haze doesn't really limit the "useful" visibility -- all it does is to shroud the mountains in a veil of mist and blur out the horizon. And yes, it does help create pretty sunsets.best regards,Hans Petter

Hi!Thank you for the reference to a very interesting and informative web site, Lars Peter.I have heard of this man Peter James before being a "lead designer" for Flight Unlimited since its inception, I believe.I may even have been talking to him way back when I called LG asking for hints how to slow down the a/c speed relative to the scenery in the original FU.Anyway, is this not a fellow that may be able to tell the whereabout and status of the source code for FUII and FUIII ?RegardsTorstein

Hans Petter,You are correct about your settings, this helps a lot.I am running a P3-600 computer and just setting the "haze slider"to the middle I have acceptable framerates even with a lot of fled-packs installed.Torstein,This is one of the old internet sites I was digging up from my oldarchive.I used to visit this site along with the old German sites of "Pegasus"Too bad it is no longer updated. The Pegasus sites/archive is no longer available.About the source code I don't know if anyone have it.The person who knows about that will be Mr. Pat McElhatton.He was the leadprogrammer for both FU2 and FU3.He left L.G just before they closed down, and I do not know what he is doing to day.Lars Peter.