Sign in to follow this  
Guest Motormouse

Question for Agtim

Guest Motormouse

Hi Agtim,sometime ago you detailed how to get rid of the terrain elevation error at Coupville Nolf (and other places) using one of your little geotiles tools.Any chance you could let me know which tool(s) I need to download to do this?Oh, and can I flatten the outer terrain with it as well?Thanks:-wavePete

Hi Pete,As you hear it from Ben, see my Homepage for all technical details in FU3 terrain building , but high resolution only ! Outer terrain has an other structure :-(:-wave agtim

Guest Motormouse

I'd lost the 'link' when I re-formatted my hard-drives !!Shame about the outer terrain...I was trying to add a few new airports out there.:-wavePete

Guest Allan_D

Hi Pete,Our FU3 outer already has at least 16 flattened area's for adding Airports to it, They are flattened in the correct locationsI've built on a few of them,PGA- Page Muni, Page Arizona is a nice areaAlso L41- Marble Canyon is real close to it, Another nice one is WYS- Yellowstone, Cody WY.MWH-Grant County IntlPDT-Pendleton Airport,OregonEUG-Mahlon Sweet Field, Eugine OR.CEC-Jack McNamara Field CA.LMT-Klamath Falls OR.RDD-Redding Muni CA.RBL-Red Bluff Muni. CA.SBA-Santa Barbara Muni. BCE-Bryce Canyon Utah46U-Alpine Airport WY.U59-Teton Peaks/Driggs ID.BOI-Boise Air Terminal, ID.SJC-San Jose CA.MRY-Montery Penn. CA.OAK-Metropolitan Oakland, CA.I built several of these but I was at the Icon limit for the Outerso I had to pull Airport info from others to make the new ones work,Hope this helps you Have Fun :-beerchughttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Guest Motormouse

I was trying to add Victoria (cyyj) in BC, (and a couple of others up in the islands too)there's a flattened area there,almost right off the edge of the (FU III) world :-lolHowever when landing there,you fall through the terrain into the ocean below,I think maybe 'sweety' has been digging some tunnels there :-lolC u soon buddy:-wavePete

Guest Allan_D

Hi Pete,I should have knew you were aware of the ones I listed :-lolI've tried to find a hard spot North of our area also in BC,If I remember correctly there's some places that are solid enought to land on up around the VOR 115.0 or maybe it was the 113.7,I've landed up there without sinking but there wasn't any place flat enough for a runway, It would work if you didn't add the strip, Just a new Airport with some ole tires thrown down at the edges :-lolI've tried about all of them small islands up there and your right, Better have floats if you land :-lolHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan

Guest juvat2

Thats odd it happens to you, I've been landing there the last few weeks, surveiling for a possible package creation. I've been landing on the "snow" texture which seems to be FU3's indication that a general area has been "prepped" for adding an airport. The tile matches almost exactly where Victoria Itl is supposed to be in my road atlas. I've had "0" luck finding airport diagrams and aerial photo's of the city, Oak Harbor and outlying areas.I've long given up on Vancouver. To far out of the o/t to get FU3 to generate tiles there I think.BC travel.com has some nice photos but no aerials and none I can find of the airport.Have been hoping to add scenery to accompany a glider location I've placed near there to the west in the higher elevations.Four jpegs of the area. Intentionally made them kinda small for the "dial-uppers" like me. :)Jim B.Added: Whoops, spoke to soon, found this very nice sight.http://www.victoriabcguide.com/aerial.htmNot exactly "top-down", but will work. FU3's o/t tiles are limited anyway. Although there are other tiles available.Still can't find anything on the airport runways or terminal and out lying bldg placements. Jim B.

Guest Motormouse

I got the airport layout from er,'that other sim', made by Bill Gates outfit in Seattle :-lolDon't know if its 100% accurate, need Jeppy charts for that :-(but it was a good starting point,gives runway directions, ils freq,radio freq etc.Hope this helps:-wavePete