Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK update

Guest Quaxo

Hello folks, I have completed my 17th megatile, and I think I'll have to stop here for the moment: as downloading the photos for just one megatile is about 25Mb. Too much for me. I'm still working on elevation, and am having problems again and again.I have slightly tweaked the region.cfg file again (the maps coordinates section...) so now the airport icons are correctly placed on the map (more or less ;-))!The screenshot shows the area I've done (112x48 Km), and far in the distance you can see the three London megatiles (available in the library) plus my two Stansted megatiles.The area I've done now includes 12 airports.This scenery is very nice, the textures are really crisp even if now and then you can see some jpeg artifact. I think the high quality is because the textures aren't compressed at all... ?Bye,Cristian

Hi Cristian,greath work ! :-)can you publish here the the maps coordinates section of your region.cfg file to help setting of plane position inside UK, Thanks a lot:-wave agtim

Guest Quaxo

Well, the quick placement still doesn't work (actually, I just tried it and it's even worse than before). If you select an airport, the sim places you right at that airport; if you select a point, the sim places you way to the south, near the boundary of the region. I haven't understood well how the coordinates work: all I know is that reg_map_col3 affects the x - y "displacement", while the reg_map_col1 "rotates" the airport icons around an axis.All I have obtained, regarding the map, is that now the airport icons are in their right position (see screenshot).Anyway, these are my modified coordinates:; These are the mappings from world; to pixel coords for region map and vice versareg_map_col1 0.0057 0.00065 0reg_map_col2 0.0001 -0.00645 0reg_map_col3 165.0 2550.0 1Bye,Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Christian,Great work, my congratulations!The high quality is reducing a bit after you compressed the files via Andre

Guest qvdg

Hi Cristian,Amazing work ! I would be very interested in getting the un compressed files if possible once you have finished (I know the L0 is 16MB so via internet is not possbile - if you agree I wil contact you be email - I am working on 3 tiles around London - not much compared to your 17 !). I am particularly interested in the area which you are doing because I flew a PA28 from Rouen to Shoreham last September. On the way back we flew around the Isle of Wight an we contacted Bembridge.Cheers, QvdG

Guest Quaxo

Hello Ansgar,Yes I already suspected that Andr

Guest Quaxo

Internet download times are a problem for me too, that's why I have to stop here (or do maybe another couple of tiles maximum).And I'm intrested in that area because I've been there for two weeks some time ago (I stayed at Portsmouth and visited a lot or neighbouring towns), and I liked that area very much :) !!!Oh, and my e-mail is macavity80@softhome.net ;-)Cristian

Guest qvdg

Hi Cristian, Could you let me know how one creates an airport so that the icon appears on the map with all the data associated. Also have you tried Fled on your new region as when I try the image that comes up is blank. My email is vandegeer@club-internet.fr. I will contact you directly if you are OK about how we can share data.Cheers,QvdG

Guest Ansgar

Hi Christian,There is no quality loss during tile conversion if you do it the right way and use Andre

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ansgar, I'm sorry I didn't explain myself well... When I said that "Andr

Guest Quaxo

Hello Quentin,you mean that in FLED when you select London, you have a black screen? You have to open (or create) a package. Then you can see the map. You might want to create the blank megatile also... I did it, it's the megatile used for water. You can create it like a standard tile, then rename the bin files to l0blank.bin, l1blank.bin and so on. Then, the file "tilindex.bin" tells the sim where to put these blank tiles. I edited that file a little to match more closely with the coast area I did. If you want, I can send you a piece of my blank megatile, so you can copy/paste it to create the whole megatile. And if you want, I can send you the modified tilindex.bin too.For the rest, I'll email you shortly...Cristian

Hi Cristian,Thank you for the coords. I know the test are tricky and takes a lot of time to modify config file and restart FU3 again and again...For Switzerland it was possible to get the position in both direction but not for UK. There is still a mystery how scaling of the map works. I have test the zoom also - you can zoom by a very large factor but the position becomes very strange behavior.I will continue to test it, all is just a matter of time and priority :-)To the blank megatile:we can upload a blank megatile jtg at avsim if requested. This file will be less than 4MB. :-wave agtim

Guest Quaxo

"modify config file and restart FU3 again and again.."Well there's no need to restart FU3... I did this way: I go to Airport, select region-London, and test; if I have to change again, I Alt-Tab to the Notepad, modify the config file, and save; Alt-Tab again to FU3, I go to Airport, select Region-Seattle then immediately Region-London, and the sim reloads the modified region.cfg.Much quicker than restarting everytime ;-)!!!Cristian

Guest Ansgar

Hi Christian,again I can