Sign in to follow this  
Steve Hess

GOTTA SEE! Should Download Free space flight sim!

Guest juvat2

Wow!Downloading now. Outer Terrain gonna have to wait a bit. Steve, your using a V5 correct? Did you d/l the hi-res for this? Are those shots with the hi-res? Does the V5 support DXT1 that the sight refers to?I remember the godd ole commodore Project Space Station days. I'd play it for hours! Sure happy this is out. Again, wow. And its free!?Jim B.

Guest Pieter

Be prepared to blow the dust off your physics handbook, this is not a look-mom-I-flew-to-there-space-trip-and-back type of sim. Real physics are involved and sometimes you have to pull out your scientific calculator as well. ;-) Great program!PieterPS Steve! I sent you some mail a week ago (to Netzero!) about the SCH Arrow.res file. It probably got lost between all your other mail. I seem not to be able to open the .res file with resviewer as I want to edit the left wing view (the wing is awkwardly too high for me).

Guest Stearman

>PS Steve! I sent you some mail a week ago (to Netzero!) >about the SCH Arrow.res file. It probably got lost between >all your other mail. I seem not to be able to open the .res >file with resviewer as I want to edit the left wing view >(the wing is awkwardly too high for me). Hi Pieter, since I had something to do with that file, excuse me for butting in... :)Chances are the problem is the blank in the filename. Simply rename the file to something without blanks (e.g. SCHArrow.res), and try again.I'll never recommend authors enough to avoid blanks in filenames, since ResViewer is known for disliking such names. Also underscores should be avoided, since they cause problems with the flightmodel exporting utilities.Hope that helps.Regards,

Guest Motormouse

Ah 'Orbiter' sim?try www.orbitersim.com as an alternate url.Its top of my download 'wish list' if I ever get a fast internet connection :-(:-wavePete

Yeah, I've had my eye on this one for a while too. But, like you Pete, need a faster connection to download all the stuff. A faster PC would be nice too. But when the time comes, I'll dust off the ole physics book!

I tried the sim a few months ago. Couldn't figure anything out..too complex for me :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I got this quite a while ago as well, I can get up into space alright, then i lose it trying to get into orbit, i just go a bit too high, then i use all thrust trying to get back down and i've lost it, hehe, doomed to fly through space forever.Other than the fact that i'm too dumb to use it properly, its an excellent sim.

Hi Steve,Thanx for the link! My son is REALLY going to enjoy this one...Hennie

Guest Pieter

>excuse me for butting in...No problem! I was actually hoping someone would! ;-) It was so long ago since I used Resviewer I actually forgot that! And indeed, I could extract the wing. I have a certain dedicated softspot in my heart for the Arrow and the "new" cockpit image had me down memory lane... :-bluegrab I just had to simulate it again, but the left wing is not where it should be...Thanks againPieter

Guest juvat2

I tried to connect to the web sights in the credits as suggested by the developer and was denied access. Have any of you succeeded? Was just curious about available scenery enhancements.Jim B.