Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Some questions

Guest R_Driscoll

LOGBOOKS:It seems the FU3 logbook is limited to 100 entries - my last entry was 99 and now it keeps on giving me entry 10 to modify. A lot of this logbook is taken up with mishaps (I have 71 takeoffs and 31 crashes to my credit. Maybe I shouldn't start an airline), but much of this is junk flights like mistakes on takeoff.Is it possible to write a logbook editor - to clean up these 1 minute flights?I looked at the .log file and its mostly blank space. If I could edit it then maybe it would get the FAA off my back.FOKKERA long time ago in a galaxy ...(sorry, wrong thread) someone sent missing views to the unflyable default Fokker, which I installed using resviewer, and ever since if I put it in PLNPILE, FU3 crashes. Is this the same bug as the one discussed in the forum a few days ago? Has anyone else had this problem?TRANSPARENT WINDOWSIs it possible to export windows from older planes, and change the texture to transparent, then reimport them?NEW SCENERYI installed the three tiles for London, and its all working extremely well, I simply swap scenery directories in and out depending on where I want to fly. It seems from this forum that a lot of people are developing new tiles. Are these going to be released on AVSIM, or are they too big? I.e. - I would love to eventually fly these areas myself :(!Lots a questions - none too urgent! I just enjoy FU3. See ya up there - but stay out of my way when I'm on finals.

Guest juvat2

Hi There,In the library is an Fu2 logbook editor by Pat McElhatton. Hope that helps.Take Care,Jim B.

I've tried the FU2 logbook editor but it doesn't seem to work fully with the FU3 log. However, my FU3 log is at 300 - 400 take-offs and landings now so it clearly goes beyond 100. If you're worried about "unearned crashes" you may do as I do -- I back up the log file every now and then.Then, if I crash because I load a weather that's simply unflyable, land with the gear up in a plane that doesn't have retractable gear (design error that was fixed later) etc I simply replace the log with my unblemished log from a few days back. We can't allow the FAA to blacklist us :-)Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, thanks Hans and Jim! I'll look for it and try it.Robert.

Guest R_Driscoll

I can't find it! - I searched for Pat, FU2, logbook, editor.If its an earlier archive (FU2, not FU3), its not at AVSIM anymore.Not to worry anyway - maybe I should start a new log ...Robert.

Guest twsimfan

Robert,"FOKKERA long time ago in a galaxy ...(sorry, wrong thread) someone sent missing views to the unflyable default Fokker, which I installed using resviewer, and ever since if I put it in PLNPILE, FU3 crashes. Is this the same bug as the one discussed in the forum a few days ago? Has anyone else had this problem?"I have seen cases where Cockpit Designer has created corrupt res files... which taught me to make good backups first. I have not ever heard of a case of ResViewer causing such a problem. Can you elaborate on what was done. Did you use a script? Are you certain that the files were matched properly? Any info you can think of might be helpful.

Regarding the Fokker, I installed the quarter views a long time ago and it works fine. It still yaws a lot when I turn (actually, it yaws all the time) but I assume that's the way the Red Baron's aircraft handled :-)Robert, please go back to your default Fokker and try again. If you haven't made a backup you can still extract it from one of your FU3 installation CDs.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest R_Driscoll

I wasn't using a script Tom. I will have to look up the details because it was all a long time ago (as I said!), but I think I still have the downloaded extra views and so can recreate it. I'll get back to you.To Hans - yes, you're right - I should do it all over and see what happens. I like the look of the triplane, but it was never easy to fly ... even before I added the 45 deg views!Thanks,Robert.

Guest R_Driscoll

I have reinstalled the quarter views and it seems to work fine! Thanks for your help. Tom, you were right, it was the cockpit designer not resviewer that I used. Anyway, I flew it for some time last night without crashes (well at least, without the system crashing :-lol ).Its main flight problem is (like the Cub) the moment of transition from taildragger to balanced on wheels, when with even the faintest crosswind it wants to violently weathercock. In real life I guess you would feel this and balance with a bit of rudder, a bit of aileron (I don't/can't fly in real life so here's simulated experience speaking). Anyway, once its up its worth the price of admission ...Oh and of course the 45 deg views were supplied by Jouko Houvinen. Robert.

Guest twsimfan

Robert,I'm glad you got it working. I didn't think ResViewer was capable of corrupting a res... unless of course you put in a really bad flight model or something... in which case I would not be inclined to blame ResViewer.As for taking off with a taildragger... I think it was Peter James who tought me to hold the tail wheel on the ground as long as possible... use some up elevator... that way you will not be as much at the mercy of crosswinds. It works for me. ;-) Just a suggestion.

Guest R_Driscoll

OK, makes sense - I'll try next time! Thanks for the tip.

Guest twsimfan

Robert,Your welcome! I hope it works out for you... :)