Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

FLED packs

I currently have all of my scenery and airport upgrades separated into two large packs (Seattle 2002 and SanFran 2002), and stored on zip disks. I have been considering uploading these to the FU3 file library, and removing the existing packages. These two packs include everything that I have ever developed for FU3, plus additional tweaks and problem fixes that I have done more recently.Do you think that this would be worth the effort ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Yes, please. I do not have FU3 yet but I will within 1 week. It would be a great deeal of help if you did that instead of me going hunting for add-ons.Take careMikeBTW This is my first time in this forum. Since I will be getting FU3 shortly I thought I would start lurking around here to see what's happening and to find out what I need to start downloading. :-hah

Guest jonpoint

Chris,Great idea! I still haven't completed reloading the upgrades as I found a few problems with other people's (and mine!) packages. My initial attempt at simply loading all of your stuff didn't work (due to the aforementioned 'rogue' packages). I have now sorted it out and would love to 'get up to speed'. Releasing the upgraded packages as sets that you know all work together is a great idea. At least then I can re-install some of my older favourites one-at-a-time to work out where the problems are.I am doing a similar thing with my DC3 packages. When I return from Wellington (again!) I am going to upload the liveries as complete aircraft, to bring all of the flight model, livery, callsign and othe fixes into one (well, two!)Jon Point*************************(effyouthree@hotmail.com)*************************

Second that, please upload! As Jon referred to, some packages are very heavy or may be prone to cause problems for several of us. If it's possible to identify the heavy / conflict-prone parts it might be an idea to put them in a separate folder. Then the advice would be to try the basic set first and add the "heavies" one by one and check whether it works. best regards,Hans Petter

Well, it looks like a few of you think that this is a good idea, so I will upload these packs shortly. Seattle 2002 is approx. 5Mb in size, and SanFran 2002 is around 6Mb (this one obviously includes San Francisco STAR).As for your comments regarding problem packages Hans, I recently re-formatted my hard disk and re-installed everything. This gave me a chance to install all of my FU3 upgrades at the same time. The good news is that I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. Of course, that was on my PC.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest hoohah

I would also like to see the packages grouped in this way.I would also like to have a some sort of conflict documentation (such as a matrix) of the available addon packages (most all of which are worth having). Maybe when I get time I'll work something out...I'd rather be flying though... ;)-hoo

Mikk, welcome to the wonderful world of FU3 :)I have and love both FS2002 and FU3. In spite of all the bells and whistles in FS2002, still every now and then I go fly in FU3.Give enough time to tweak it properly and then enjoy it.And Chris, I also think that a full uptodate package upload is very helpful. Thank you for that.Cheers.

Hi Chris: Thanks again for your generous contributions to FU3 Sim. Wish you could add a good.txt file explaining how to replace your previous "existing" scenery files with your new packages, so that the program runs smoothly without freezing or locking out. Please, tell us what you did yourself on your system. Will look forward to your uploads!!.Regards,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. With respect to any previous installations of my upgrades, the files that are included with SEATTLE 2002 and SANFRAN 2002 will simply overwrite the existing ones. I installed EVERYTHING at the same time recently after a major hard disk re-format, and didn't encounter a single problem !Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png