Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

Poll: Your fav. airplane and airport?

Well we've had polls about all sorts of things here, so here's another one :)What's your favourite airport in FU3 (both regions), and what's your favourite airplane?My fav. airport is probably Bonny Doon Village at the SW edge in the San Francisco region. I like it because it's located in a beautiful area, surrounded by mountains and with the cost visible right after takeoff. The runway is fairly short and narrow, but you can get most of the planes in FU3 in and out of there.In Seattle, I really like Tacoma Narrows, don't know why really. I also like Ranger Creek.I really like most of the FU3 planes and it's hard to pick a favourite one. I like the Cessna because of the visibility, but sometimes it feels too slow. The Arrow is a nice, speedy plane. Then there's the Lake Renegade which can take off and land on water. The DC3 is excellent too, and the King Air, and the Baron...But if I could keep one only, it would probably be the Lake Renegade.Here are a few shots of Bonny Doon one morning as I approach it from the south in the Arrow.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi,My favourite airport in the SanFran region would probably have to be San Francisco International, since I like the big airports. As far as Seattle is concerned..........SeaTac is obviously nice, but I do rather like Jefferson County.Choosing a plane is more difficult, since I have done 90 per cent of my flying in Tom's Baron ! However, I am now starting to diversify, and the one aircraft that I am hoping to fall in love with is the King Air 350.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Stearman

>Well we've had polls about all sorts of things here, so >here's another one :) >>What's your favourite airport in FU3 (both regions), and >what's your favourite airplane? If "wet" airports count, I like Gilpin's Cove much (for example). Hope they do, since all my favourite FU3 planes are all floating ones.If I'd had to say only one, I'd probably keep the Grumman Goose (with Tonni Jorgensen/Eric Weber's panel/cockpit, and Erik Bj

Guest R_Driscoll

I still like little Sky Harbour up in the Seattle NE, although Ifind myself at Kachess Lake quite often too. But Sky Harbour isperfect - a rough runway (twists my back every time I take off), cowsall over the place, but especially great access to the Cascade ranges around. But for gliding, I seem to prefer the gentler hills nearOlympia airport, I'm not sure why, since its such a battle to stayup without the motor - well, maybe that's why.Favourite plane? It changes all the time. The 747 would be if the high res scenery could support it. Strangely the Renegade is still very high on my list - a perfect combination of boat/plane, nice power,easy to stear/fly, and a cockpit where everything is right where youneed it - not just the T quadrant but peak temperature gauges, fuel flow, autopilot, etc are perfect. And the windscreen effects on touchdown ...But there are many others - the Piper Cub, the DC3, the Steve Hess range, the Hennie range, the SR71, the brilliant microlight (now that's a plane for sightseeing and feeling you're there, the Blimp, the TSS Earnslaw - all have a special place. Its nice just to change between planes every so often. Maybe that's why I crash all the time ...Some planes I don't like: the original windhawk (sic), trainer, fokker, Pitts, Lac, either because of poor cockpits or unflyable characteristics.See ya round,Robert.

Favourites? thats a difficult one to answer. I like probably most at the moment to fly from SFO and Perret. I often commute between the two. But in the past there were times I always flew out of Oakland and before that Half Moon Bay.As for aircraft. Either the DC3 or the Cub but I love the SP too.

My favorite airport in SF region is Halfmoon Bay.I like Tacoma Narrows in Seattle region.I really like the new Arrow but I also like my version of Toms Beaver :-wave Ralph B

Guest Pieter

I agree with you Bonny Doon is my favourite as well. However, I also regard Livermore as the "Merrill Meigs" of FU2/3! http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d37c5ad2eed2e51.jpg(Picture copyright by Pegasus. I don't know if he still is a fan of FU?)My actual favourite landing spot is not an airport but close to Bonny Doon. One takes off from Bonny Doon fly towards South County airport(Q99). Fly past the airport towards the mountains. Behind them you will find either Lake Anderson or Lake Coyote. Land on any one (not allowed in real life as that are nature conservation areas) with a seaplane, which forces me to fly my all time favourite: the FU2 Beaver! - you do have your fishing gear with you? ;-)Look over here: www.parkhere.org/prkpages/coylake.htmPieterPS This is not an advertisement, my house is about 22 hours of flight in a Jumbo Jet from that park ;-)

This question has been set a year ago, maybe.I like some airports, and some of them I visit rarely. I like South County, Bonny D., Meadowlark, Livermore. I didn't like Calistoga, but when I added AI traffic there it's 'new' airfield now. I like Bergeth Field, Everret, Swanson, Yosoon. I also like all ot airports, I've modified. I like to fly close to the observatory ( Mt.Hamilton ), so I made my 'rancho' there.I don't like Palo Alto and San Carlos, but I don't know why.B. Adamski

I postponed replying to this thread since I thought that I really didn't favor any special aircraft or airport. But then, I find myself using Coupeville Nolf for testing out any aircraft -- it's within a hi-res region, yet it's outside of heavy traffic and airport control. The problem with flight control is that one has to ask permission and confirm messages all the time and I tend to shy away from all that when practicing in a new aircraft. Further, Coupeville Nolf is basically at sea level, which makes it a "standard" airport for test flights. I prefer tricycle gear aircraft (read: GA) and tend to fly the Baron. Steve just made me tend to fly an Arrow or an Archer :-) best regards,Hans Petter

Hi, folks. A difficult question, because just as one changes one's favorite sim (FU3 being my favorite about 85-90% of the time), so varies one's alleegiance to aircraft and their nests. My current seasonal picking has to be Boeing Field (in the middle of the Seattle region, where even my bush flights originate from) and the default Beechjet (an exciting set of wings if ever there was). If the same question were posed next week, I would probably answer Ranger's Creek and the ultra-STOL Beaver. A year ago it was Coupville and the Windhawk. I guess one can mate a plane to its ideal airport. I daren't make operations out of Ranger's with a DC3/C47, and I am fed up of having my C172 blown off the runway at SeaTac. The beauty of Flight3 is its solid physics and the variety that obeys it. There's something in it for every discerning "Vaviator".Lior Bar-On

Guest juvat2

Hi Folks,Sea: Land-Bj

This is my first post with my new user name, I used to be Winky awhile back. During the time I was gone I continued to play FU3 and download add-ons but for some reason I didn't keep up with the form. :-hmmm But now I back, this place seems to keep drawing me in. For my favorite Airfield I would have to say Palo Alto in the SF region. It was the first Airport I flew out of way back when I had just bought FU2 and had no idea how to properly fly a plane or use ATC, but I've been attached to it ever since. For the Seattle area I normally fly from either Auburn Municipal or Olympia depending on if I want to fly in controlled airspace or not.For planes I would have to say the wonderful Cessna 172. It may not get you to where your going very fast or in style, but it is what I currently train in and what I hope to own someday (Although P-51D or CitationX would be nice) :-) Adam

Guest Allan_D

Hi Gang,Jim B,I used to also like Bjorns "Sweetys dream" until that big fire that took place last year, That kind of made it unsafe to land there :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3cba9c3d8271e6.jpgSome of my favourite places, If I like to take a float in the blimp I go to Western Airparkhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3cbbba3fae526a.jpgIf I'm in the need for action I go to "Oswald Field"http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3cbc794126cad0.jpgIf I'm looking to take a boat ride I go to "Ship Base" so I have deep waterhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3cbd4b42b1a308.jpgIf I'm in the need for relaxing I go to "Al's Fishing Lodge" :-lolhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d3cbe2c445429cb.jpgThere are so many good spots I can't decide :-lolHave Fun :-jumpyhttp://avsim.com/hangar/air/bfu/logo70.gifAllan