Sign in to follow this  
JimmiG

FLED question

Hi. I played around a little bit with FLED today. I haven't used the program much at all.I'm editing Bonny Doon Village according to an aerial photo that I found over the airport. I think I'm getting the hang of it, but there's one problem that I have.How do I place a 3D object from the Seattle region into the sanfran region? If I edit sanfran, only objects that show up in the original sanfran scenery are there. Basically I want to import the tress and the house objects from Seattle, into the Sanfran region. I assume I will need to copy over some files or change some setting in a config file?Also, is it possible to add fences using FLED? There is usually a fence around airports.regards//Jimmi

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest glidernut

Hi Jimmi,In the File librery look for3d models from the Seattle region, by adamsb.You might fiend the instructions bilow usfal---------------------------------------------------------------Put the Genfled_sf folder in Flight3/Regions/Sanfran .Then you will have that folder in FU3. Open the Gen (thats already there)folder and -----copy 'modelmip.tag' ------And put this copy (paste) into Genfled_sf.Now you have Two folders with models But only one with the right name 'GEN'. so if you want to use genfled models ,you will have to rename "Genfled_sf" to "GEN" and then rename the original folder "Gen" to something like GENxx. use the models in fled and when your done , put the names back like they were .So we're just swapping folders for a while . There are some big trees in there but are frame hogs. Without Adamsb,s way of cheeting Fled, we wouldant be abal to puttrees in sanfran.www.adamsb.hg.pl/FU/FU3/fled.htm I dont think there is a model of a fence in Fled, and as such we carnt use wat we dont got.

Guest R_Driscoll

It is possible to use the challenge tools and Tomi Lehto's tools to extract objects from the modelmip.tag files and put them permanently in the other scenery, for example to extract the submarine from San Fran and insert it into the GEN folder for Seattle. You need to extract both the .BIN files and .MIP files associated with it, so there is a degree of understanding of Tomi's programs required before this can be done. Major problem is that palettes don't match - the San Fran palette is totally different to Seattle, so the objects look different (the sub becomes a camouflaged Arctic version!).

thanks...I'll check those suggestions out.Depending on how this little "project" of mine turns out, I might upload it. But don't expect miracles :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

There's no submarine in the SF region. If you want to see the sub in correct colors, put it only in sanfran/GEN folder.B. Adamski

Guest R_Driscoll

So where did the sub come from? Is that your work? Or was thatone of Captn Bazza's contributions? I forget sometimes where Igot all the pieces from but I wasn't meaning to misattributesomebody's work.Robert.

It's probably Captn Bazza's model, I don't know.B.Adamski

Do you have this photo ? Could you send me it ?B.Adamski