Sign in to follow this  
Hans_Petter

Moving some pixels

Guest cornclose

Hans,Could you possibly email me the 8 images when you feel they are in a good state ? I would like to return the favour for the ProPilot community by using these for ProPilot 99.ThanksChris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

Certainly Cornclose! Does PP use the same format, with corresponding day and night views? The eight views have grown in file size already since I converted them to bmp. With the night views they'll double in size once more. It's a question of bandwidth. Just email me privately to discuss the details.Hans Petterproverud@online.no

This thread has grown long now but I just want to show you the left front quarter view. The interesting thing about this one is that it's got a lens effect from the curved latched window and some translucent plastic right aft of it. I tried to model translucence by making every second pixel transparent green, in a raster pattern. This is how it turned out:

Guest Staggerwing

Very cool :-)Staggerwing

Guest tallpilot

Hi Hans,Just got back from a trip in the Baron and logged on to check on your progress. The views are very good. It's amazing the detail that you have been able to get from my pictures. The plastic device behind the latched window is an air scoop that can be rotated out the latched window on the ground to direct the prop air blast into the cabin for ventilation. It's very helpful here in the desert during the summer since the Baron is not airconditioned. :-)Ed Weber a.k.a Tallpilot

Moving some more pixels to help the cause. First the original then the modified image. There is still a lot of work to do.

That looks like a very promising IFR cockpit Steve! I notice that you're widening the view. I don't know the lens angle of Ed's camera, meaning whether there should be more peripheral view in all of the shots. I've taken the views "as is" for the ones that I worked on. Alternatively one would resize the original to somewhat less than 800 x 600, paste it in the center of an 800 x 600 images and extrapolate everything to fill the bigger image. What do you all think -- are the quarter views posted showing enough or should they be "widened"? If so, everything would look further away and the cabin would appear wider again.Hans Petter

It has to be that way to fit in radios and the other things needed to make a complete panel. The quarter views I feel are fine.

That looks great! :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I really believe it's about time to start a "clean" thread now but here's the left view. I may still edit some details but you get the idea. I took the shots in the SanFran region this time, to make Ed's "Big Red" feel closer to home :-)The external view, however, reveals that we're pretty far from an accurate model of "Big Red". This is my paint job from almost a year ago. Would someone care to paint Ed's plane? We might do different versions later but I think my first upload ought to be true to the original. I'll post or email you external views of Ed's Baron later but suffice it to say it's white with red trimmings.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest tallpilot

Hans,Here is a picture of my Baron that shows more of the paint scheme.Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

Guest Stearman

Hi guys, you both seem to be doing a fantastic work on the Baron panel & cockpit views. Ever considered to add your efforts together in a joint project? :) (just a suggestion)Also, I'd like to include a request here: if you eventually decide to make this new Baron publicly available *AND* you intend to issue a new paintjob with it, I'd much appreciate if you include optional, "non-repainted" versions of the wings and/or engine nacelles (in the cockpit side views), for those of us who may prefer using a different paintjob.Thanks in advance (& thanks also for all the great work you've done in the past), best regards.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d4afcc031a461eb.gif

As joint project is concerned I've talked to Steve already and I believe that his panel will be complemented by my cockpit views. Regarding repaints, the plane will be uploaded with Ed's views. Since the plane is basically white with red trimmings it should be easy to edit any of the views to produce the livery of your choice.Hans Petter