Sign in to follow this  
Guest glidernut

What is this (avsim.diz) file ?

Guest glidernut

Lately, every time I dounlowd sumthing from the File librery I get an extra file, The file is named (avsim.diz)What is this (avsim.diz) file ?How do I open it ?What,s insied it ?What,s it fore ?What dus it do ?Dus every one get thees avsim.diz files ?glidernut

A "diz" is simply some kind of text file. Open it with Notepad and set this application up to recognize "diz". When you open the file it may show some facts of the download -- what is, who created it and where you got it from. A "diz" seems to be a "sales tag" or a fact sheet.best regards,Hans Petter

Guest glidernut

So thats what it is.Thanks Hans. best regards, John.

Hans is correct, it is just a basic text file that gets tagged to all files uploaded to AVSIM. Here is all that is in that file: ************************************************** ** AVSIM Online! ** ************************************************** This file was downloaded from the AVSIM Online File Library! Visit us today! http://www.avsim.com/ **************************************************Basically it is there to help identify files that get downloaded from AVSIM and uploaded elsewhere.