Sign in to follow this  
Guest juvat2

Flight Df/x successful flight-kind of

Guest juvat2

Well, I was finally able to successfully earn money and not get fined. Departure Olympia, Pod Sanderson. The payoff was $2000.00.I should say semi-successful, as I "cheated". The Beechjet is just to much aircraft for me to deal with in Df/x, so changed planes to the C182. Finally was able to follow the commands correctly and fly/ land at the pod with-out fines. Previously had been getting fined for mistakes while trying to control the Beechjet, or to hard on that, forget step/s in the commands.I suppose I should see if there's a way to lower the payoff amounts, to compensate for the passengers flying in a C182 instead of the luxury of a Beechjet.Another thing to do I suppose is to change to Beechjet if I intend to select a long flight in the flight selection screen.Over-all, it was a very nice experience, and the cash was nice to.Now, how about a flight to Sf in Airforce 1 from Sea, that'd be neat.Looking forward to their next version. Hopefully flying to different regions will be added. Even to Eng on Swis, would have to increase the payoff for those for sure, and use one of the mighty 747's.How have you all's experiences been with Df/x?Jim B.

Hi,Could you please tell me what this DF/x is?Is it a add-on for FU3, where is it available from etc?ThanksPeter.

Guest juvat2

HI Peter,Here's a link to their sight and for downloading the Challenge. They've requested feedback for aiding in future developments of it.Read the document that comes with the download carefully to prevent getting fines and having a lucrative flight service.http://www.dextech.com/products/flightdfxHave fun with it, its kind of like Hennies fun challenge. Really neat.Jim B.

Thanks,I am downloading it right now and it looks great.Peter.

i downloaded this addon and tried to play it, but as soon as i got past the startup screen i got a message saying that version 0.3 has expired, goto dextech.com/services/flghtdfx for an update.i did this and i got a non-existant page-has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know what to do?

Guest juvat2

Hi Foxcubs,Is this the sight you've tried to got to? Also, I pasted their e-mail. These I got from their readme. Are you using version 5.5 of IE?I just went there and the link and download seems to be working fine.flightdfx@dextech.com http://www.dextech.com/products/flightdfxDid you start the challenge with this file? flightDFX.hta. You donot start Fu3 as usual.Thats under:"D":Program FilesFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEchalngesdfxclientPlease don't be offended if you've already known about these things, I'm just trying to be thorough.You ought to e-mail them if you can't get it fixed. They responded in 1 day when I last e-mailed them last week.I hope you get it fixed, its mighty fun. Even if you can't, fly the heck out of Hennies fun challenge, it'll keep you real busy trying to be a "proper" sim pilot. It's available here at Avsims library.Take Care,Jim B.

well, ive got ie 6, i did open the application first to set it up and that was the message i got, i emailed them and am now waiting for a message, so hopefully they will help me to sort it out. Thanks for your quick response, and i think i will try hennies challenge for the time being.

Guest juvat2

When you unzipped it, is it here?: D:Program FilesFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEchalngesdfxThen under the dfx folder: D:Program FilesFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEchalngesdfxclientWith-in the client folder is the file to start dfx: flightDFX.htaWhich is what you click on to start the Dfx challenge. Within the Dfx screens you start flight, Dfx then launches Fu3 Sim, in the Fu3 UI, select Challenges, select Dfx and the challenge launches. You start in Olympia.Jim B.

this is exactly what i have done-the program starts, but when it gets to the main selection screen, the message comes on the screen...your version 0.3 of flight has expired, goto blah blah-non-existant website address, the program then closes down.