Sign in to follow this  
Guest R_Driscoll

Fences for JimmiG

Guest juvat2

Hi Bogdan,It's on the way. I used the e-mail address posted at your web sight. Let me know if you'd rather I sent it to a different one.Take care,Jim B.

Guest R_Driscoll

I assume then that PaintShop Pro does the palette conversion? I don't have PSP so am not sure how it works. If it doesn't, then the palette in the original gif is discarded by FU3, which uses the generic SEATTLE.PAL, so the colours will be different. The original FU3 team used deBabelizer, a program which can change colour indices to closest match of a new palette, but it costs $600 or more (darn, I can't find pounds on my keyboard) and I can't go that route. Changing the indices is the most important issue to me now in producing models in a reasonable time. If PSP does this in some way, that could be a breakthrough. Currently I paint "blind" - picking a colour, finding the nearest available, finding its index, splashing it on, etc. I could never do photos this way - I mean photorealistic. And anyway, the models palette is quite limited - like painting the Mona Lisa with red, white and brown.

Guest R_Driscoll

I can't today - everything is at home. I'm sorry if I've misled you over Tomi's site. I know that a lot of the tools came from there, but some also came from the original FU3 or FU2 distribution disks - I don't know which was which. I will put together a collection of these little tools together and send it to you, but it may take me a day or so depending on computer time at home - I can only upload from work.Ah - just realised Jim B has raced me to it - thanks!I think you might be the best person to solve this problem of palettes. I am trying to put everything together on the model making method, and I will distribute this, but again time is my problem - as well as still working it out myself!! I know my models are crude and it would be best to distribute the method as soon as possible, but I only worked anything out myself a few days ago.

Guest R_Driscoll

The origin of the model must be wrong - it should be set to the geometric centre of the model in the XY planes and Z=0 in the height plane - this can be done using a textedit on the .E version of the structure. Hard to fix if there's a lot of polygons ... Robert.