Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quaxo

UK progress map

Guest Quaxo

I'm attaching a scanned map of England divided in megatiles. The megatiles with the green mark are the already completed tiles (complete with lower res levels, and basic airports); the tiles with a red dot are the tiles wor which I already have (or will have soon) the raw data, so they will be completed in the next weeks (or maybe longer as now I'm going on holiday, and then I will have university... so I may slow down, but I won't stop).I'll try to keep this updated... Oh, this map only reflects my personal work, I haven't included the megatiles already done by other people.Cristian

woohoo, brighton & shoreham airport...WOW!you really are doing excellent work for FU3 here, thankyou so much for your time!

Guest Quaxo

Hi Ben, I'm glad you like what I'm doing! But I have to thank you, for your download tool... without that I wouldn't have done more than a single tile :) !!! And I have to thank many other people too, whose help was fundamental... Andr

Cristian,Does the UK scenery use the mirroring technology when the outer terrain scenery isn't installed ? Also, if I obtained all of this scenery, how do I access it from the FU3 main menu ?Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

ChrisYes, the megatiles mirror when you get to the ends of the terrain.I don't have the outer terrain installed but since UK is outside the outer terrain, I would assume that the megatiles mirror always, even when the outer terrain is installed.London is accessed in exactely the same way as sanfran/seattle are(airport->region) so it is just like a normal region.

Guest Quaxo

Ben, Are you sure that UK is outside the outer terrain? If I go very high (hitting Pagup tens of times) I can see, beyond the limit of UK, some outer terrain, with mountains (elevation). Maybe UK is only located in a far away part of the outer terrain?As for mirroring, I think the terrain mirrors, but only if you haven't Outer terrain installed, and when you reach the border of the REGION, and not of the hi-res part.Please someone correct me if I'm wrong ?!?Cristian

oh, thats strange, I guess andre put it somewhere near to the outer terrain then...

Cristian,If I decided to install the UK high resolution scenery, I would want the terrain to be mirrored. I don't like the outer terrain textures, and the stark contrast between the two types of scenery looks ugly.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The UK London region current online is this with about 4 megatiles at avsim.http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/londongrid.jpgcurrently we are working at new megatiles, all the red framed megatiles are finished or current processed, as you hered from Quaxo and qvdg and Ansgar. My megatiles of Devon and Cornwall needs a new region definition:The UK-South region starting at the Isles of Scilly and going to the North Sea. http://www.agtim.ch/fu3/uksouthgrid.jpgthere is no recut needed for your tiles, just a rename of the .bin files will do the job.the London City megatile ASAP has as new name BRAS... L0BRAS.bin, L1BRAS.bin...unfortunately this is not the case for airports. the mod-files can be renamed for the 3d-objects,but there is no known way to move a full airport to a new location at once. :-(just to say before you put a lot of work into airports for the uk region.currently I work at the fine tuning of the new UK-South region with 56 x 32 megatiles.:-wave agtim

Guest Quaxo

I was wondering... For the renaming of megatiles, will someone do an automatic tool? I already have more than 40 tiles, each with 5 levels, plus the lower res levels... Renaming all of them by hand would be a major task, and very much prone to errors...CristianP.S. Starting from tomorrow, I'll go out in vacation for some days, so I won't be able to answer to questions/emails...

Guest twsimfan

Cristian,"Starting from tomorrow, I'll go out in vacation for some days, so I won't be able to answer to questions/emails..."Don't forget to e-mail me your address if you want a package waiting when you get back! BTW... what neat places are you going on this vacation? Folks... this guy always has the neatest vacations... (Who me? Jealous? :-eek).

Agtim,Do you have any idea how long it will take to complete the southern England scenery region (including elevated terrain) ? I would prefer to download the complete set when it has been finished, and then maybe I could have a look at some of the airports. I was intending to use FS2002 for my UK flights, but I just don't enjoy using this software anywhere near as much as FU3. Maybe it's time that I abandoned FS2002 entirely, and started looking at some of the great work that you guys are doing at the moment for FU3.Does anyone know if there is any way to convert FS2002 building models into ones that FU3 can use ? We could do with an easy way of adding plenty of landmarks in the UK scenery region. If this was possible, then maybe I would consider a UK STAR scenery pack !!!Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

hi Chris,no idee how long and about download... Cornwall and Devon alone are more than a CD. I just finished the rebuild of my small London City Airport in the new Region, the old one was not usable or moveable because we change the starting point going in a new UTM zone 29 also.There will be a lot to do and its depend how many of you all will help to build the UK-Region.:-wave agtim

Guest twsimfan

Ansgar,Cristian is off on his vacation now. I am collecting a few CDs worth of raw data for him in the mean time. I intend to have that data waiting for him in Rome when he returns. I downloaded this program and will include it with the data. Thanks for the link! :)