Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

PC Pilot, Issue 18

Well guys, I have just received several complimentary copies of Issue 18 of PC Pilot. I am happy to say that the Flight Unlimited 2 article looks great, and includes plenty of the screenshots that I sent. Let's just hope that this issue kick starts more interest in the Flight Unlimited series. To be honest, I thought that it already had when I accessed the AVSIM site a few minutes ago. The number of active members appears to have increased by around 150 in just a couple of days ! I'm sure that this has nothing to do with the latest issue of PC Pilot, since it isn't available in the shops yet.Anyway, I just wanted to remind you all to try and get yourselves a copy of the magazine. You'll be doing flight simulation (and the Flight Unlimited series in particular) a very big favour.Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Ansgar

Hello Chris, :-jumpyYEEEEESSSSS, I also just received my copy of the PC Pilot magazine and the article of you IMO is really GREAT!Thank you very much for all the efforts and time intensive research (also for all the pics). I never noticed this magazine in germany and so was astonished about the quality of the paper and therefore all the shots in the magazine (also the ones of all the other articles). It seems to be a HQ-magazine for this sort of PC software.Pls. send a great THANK YOU also to Mark Embleton who has done everything right IMO. Hopefully we get a bit more response and frequence here now. We need all developers available for FU3 to bring it forward more and more.Best regards :-)Ansgar A.

Guest juvat2

Will try and get one. The local base exchange is where I got the last one, maybe it'll be on their shelves soon.Thanks,Jim B.

Ansgar,Thank you for the encouraging response. I will certainly let Mark know how pleased you are. I didn't mention the downloads section in my original message above, but it was great to see that everyone was credited correctly for different aspects of the two FU3 packages on the CD. I am very pleased with the article, particularly with the amount of screenshots that they managed to include. I agree that PC Pilot is a quality magazine with very high production values, and it deserves our full support (particularly if I can get some more FU3 information included in future issues).Best Wishes,Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,That's great news. Congrats again on a job well done!

Hi Chris,Congratulations! I also got the PC Pilot magazine today. I must say you have done a remarkable article there! All the history of the FU series (there were some parts I didn't know before), the professional and calm approach to the simulator we all love, to all of the great stuff in them. And even pretty fair treatment to the MS counterparts. Bravo, Chris!Best Regards,JokkeP.S: And those screenshots there were very good too!

Guest twsimfan

Chris,I haven't seen the mag... as we established a while back I subscribe to the other 2 flight sim mags (which are now merged into one monthly). I'll keep an eye out for a copy. But my congrats anyway.

Guest Staggerwing

Good for you Chris :-)Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it now..Good job !

Congrats with a very well done job!!I will try to get a copy of the magazine to read the whole story.Thank's for your work with this article, and I hope some people will take notes of it and do some more versions of the Flight unlimited simulator series.Lars Peter.

Guest DLM

Hi ChrisMy congrats on what seems to be a very good article! (judging from the comments in this thread ;-) )I will go look for it so i can give you my opinion as well.I hope you have plans do more of this in the future as we certainly need the attention.Best wishes, Daniel :-wave

Daniel,If there is ever a budget release of FU3, you can be sure that I'll be wanting to write an article about it. Even better would be a review of the holy grail............FLIGHT UNLIMITED 4 ! What a scoop that would be.Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest R_Driscoll

Congratulations Chris - brilliant job!