Sign in to follow this  
Guest PeterK

FU3 scenery designer (is that it!)

Guest PeterK

PeterK Well...guess i was expecting somthing else like airport 2.1 orVOD... Heres whats happening..I have a list of objects Like runways from other airports and roads and things like buildings and airplanesI pick,,I place and thats it...I want a 12,000 foot runway ...is there anyway to make oneIt seems more like pick and paste from a pre made source of objects..Am i missing somthing or is that all there is to it..Basically i was going to start building Davis monthan afb and a few airports north of tucson...PeterK

Guest juvat2

Hi Robert K,Here are some shots of my slow progress on the Tucson Itl package. The neat cement objects are from R Driscoll. His upload was very timely, as I was just beginning to get this airport in-work.As for your questions about Fled. Recently posted were discussions about the Flight Unlimited objects. We are not restricted to using objects that came with the Sim off the shelf. There are user made objects available download. The rule of thumb is, if its an object for the Seattle Region, place the .bin and its associated .mip file in your x:Program FilesFlight3REGIONSSEATTLEGEN folder. Now start Fled, the new and original objects will be available for selection in the Objects menu. Yep, its a "pick-and-place" kind of thing.You will need to click on File, create new package. Name it, say, Davis-Monthan. Fromthen on, when ever you open that package in Fled, its the package your editing and not FU3's original locations. Within the package is where the particular model, and its placement are stored. If you upload the package for public use, all we'd have to do is place your "Davis-Monthan" package in our packages folder. If your using custom made models, youd need to include them with the upload.Your personally made models may be convertible for Fu3 use. You'd need the tools available at http://www.ratol.fi/~tlehto/fu2/fu2stuff.htmlThere's also Flight Unlimited specific modeling information there.Another excellent place is Markus Brunners here http://www.geocities.com/in_04/index1.htmA source for "ready-for-use" Flight Unlimited models is here. They were made by Captain Bazza. There are also many other excellent Flight Unlimited enhancements available. http://www.flightsimsetc.dhs.org/content.p...v&t=fu3packagesR Driscoll has recently been uploading personally made models.I can send you makemip.exe if you'd like.Well, back to Fled. Later.Jim B.First pic is b4 "fledding". Can't see much with the Sunset shots.

Guest R_Driscoll

I can make simple models only. If there's some particular model youwant let me know. I hope to provide a "how to" note at some stage.I can make flat, cube, combined flat & cube with graphics on facesin correct colours. I cannot take photos and put them onto objectsbecause of colour mapping limitations. A runway should be possible,but a plan view of what you want (with runway numbers, length, width,markings) would be essential. I would be happy to help.

Guest juvat2

Hello Robert,As you can tell from the shots I've been posting, I'm trying work arounds due to lack of various length, width, textured/color, angles of taxiways in the Tucson Itl. So far your concrete 1 and 2 are effective, but I'm hoping you could design various pieces of taxi-ways. You can see in the airfield diagram and the screen shot that there are numerous taxi-ways of varying length and angles taht are needed. Another thing is getting the runway numbers and hashes stenciled on the runways. Um-How about a big slab of concrete? Currently in Fled, I'm using several of your concrete slabs at a time, would be nice to have available a big slab. I need to slab the aircraft apron at the main terminal. Maybe the slabs would be 4x and another 6x the current dimensions?I was in the process of making an old style "T" telephone pole, but I see in another post you've got that in-work or ready for upload, so I'll quit my sad looking rendering.Could there the taxi and runway edge lines painted? Yellow and or white?Take care Robert,Jim B.

Guest R_Driscoll

Nah, I'm not working on telegraph poles. I was trying to build lightpoles - for lighting aprons etc. But its a good idea.I published one taxiway, and an interface from taxiway to concrete. Both crude models, but to improve them, could you give me some sizes, line marking details, plan views of generic shapes.I would rather develop generic shapes that could be used in other packages, than specific designs for one airport. Can we break down your airport into generic areas - straight taxiways, 45 deg turns, junctions at fixed angles, connections to runway? I'm not a pilot and don't know in detail what these should look like.I can't make new textures (eg grass) yet, as I haven't time - I need an image remapper to Seattle colours. The time taken to make that "log" was as much as the airport cart, due to hand picking colours. So I'll pass on that for the moment.Is there anything you can send me (eg airport diagram, package so far,your plans & notes) that could help me get dimensions correct? If not, I can probably get some details from your photos.The large concrete slabs are on order from Railton Cement Inc - clear some space in your front yard and I'll drop them there shortly.Robert.Give me a few days to work out some of the other things.

Guest PeterK

PeterK Well..Ill give it a shot!I just cant bond with the San Fran area for flying and Im stillhave no idea why i want to fly in washington state..Ill see what i can do with the Bone Yards in the Tucson Areaflying up to Pheonix..PeterK

Guest juvat2

Hi Peter,I went "zoaring" around west of Tucson and noticed Ryan Airfield is there. Will add that to the "to be upgraded" list.Jim B.

Guest PeterK

PeterK I noticed Ryan field also....Ryan has been repaved and the dirtrunway is also paved in real life..the old connies and abandonedfire bombers were all broken up this year for scrap...In my biased little world for simming Ryan is as south as I flyand phoenix is North as i fly unless im running to Las Vegasthere are plenty of bone yard and fire bomber bases betweentucson and phoenix for me...so adding a few airports in thisregion will be fine with me...Still fooling with the FLED program..PeterK