Sign in to follow this  
JimD737

What would you like to fly real world?

SteveWhen is the open day? I am doing the European air racing association air race on the 28/29 which starts off at kemble.Keep eyeing up those private owned hunters there ;-)Now i can usually talk myself into anthing hmmmmmPeter

Guest wkzzo

I flew in a b17 and a b24 when they visited boeing field a couple years back, It was an unbeleivable experience. They usaually come every year around june. I also got a flight in delta's restored dc3 last summer when it visited our delivery center. If there's any plane I would like to fly in now I would have to say a porter pilatus, I would like to experiece some max takeoffs and beta landings in one, that would be something.

The joy ride would be in a space shuttle. That's an aircraft, right?

Guest Lizardo

I'd have to pick 2...DC3/C-47, and F-4 Phantom. For the same reasons: they're a kick in the pants, and you make an "impression" when you arrive or leave :) (hmm, but so does a Mini-Cooper).

Hi Peter,Kemble Air Day is in two weeks Sunday 16th June. Gates open 09:30 flying starts at 12:30. Current RAF frontline heavy metal in attendance and there should be a fourship of Gnats flying and a T33.Of course there will be the odd Hunter also.All the best,Steve.P.S. You are putting me off coming for a ride in N145DR with your autopilot stories in another thread.

Steve Thats easy dont switch the thing on or the yaw damper ;-) N95D doesnt have a yaw damper and S tec autopilots are junk :-(Havent forgotten your ride since we met at Gloucester just havent found a suitable trip in the last couple of weeksPeter

Hi Peter,For me it would be a P51D and then a Douglas SBD Dauntless with the canopy open... Magic :-)Cheers, great thread as usual.Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australiahttp://www.fsd-international.com/images/FSD_beta_tester.jpg[h3] FSD Aircraft "Around the world" flight.Now at KPBI (Palm Beach Intl.) Florida, USA[/h3]Intel Celeron 850Tyan Tomcat i815T S2080 SystemBoardG Force 2 MX 400 64Mb VideoProLine CrystalView 17" Monitor512 Mb PC133 SDRAMWindows XP HomeCH Virtual Pilot ProCH Pro PedalsMSFS 2002 Pro full installFSMeteoFSNavigator

No question about it. 1000 plus Tomcat landings on the Big E would make my dreams complete. (Be HAPPY with one if some one can arrange.)Bob

Easy question to answer.Dago RedStregaCritical MassRare BearNeed I go on?Long live the thunder of the Unlimited Class.Lonnie

BobIs that you being "landed on" :-)Peter

Guest Dominik Mann

>For me a T5 frightning ( Lightning )or as our American >Cousins called them All Aluminum Rocket Ships. You don't happen to be talking about English Electric's masterpiece? Seems as if we've the same good taste :D ! Let's see...for those summer weekend spins (pun) an EE Lightning definitely - should be a single-seater, however :-) . However, I could also live with a Blackburn Buccaneer - not quite as fast, but just as pretty. For my daily commute - hmmm, probably a HS Trident Three (the one with the 4th booster engine).Modest, aren't I? ;-)

The picture was taken while on vacation at the Pensacola Naval Air Station in Florida when I still had a job. Guess who has Photoshop and extra time?Bob

In no order of importance: Space Shuttle Mk IX Spitfire J3 Cub on a summer afternoon at 500 agl with the windows down. (been there, done that, loved it).

Guest Raptors4590

Tu-144